Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deion Branch traded to Patriots for 4th round pick

Options
  • 12-10-2010 3:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,771 ✭✭✭✭

Branch is back with the Patriots. The price(4th round pick) seems a little steep based on his production since he left New England but he has looked decent this year. I think Pete Carroll was willing to hold onto him if he didn't get what he was looking for. Of course the big story thats going to start now is VJax to Seattle.

I'm delighted that Branch is back with the Patriots, Brady always seemed to have a great chemistry with him. Hopefully its still there and his injuries are over with.
    One week after trading Randy Moss back to Minnesota, the New England Patriots re-acquired wide receiver Deion Branch from the Seattle Seahawks.
    The Seahawks confirmed the trade late Monday night.
    The Patriots sent the Seahawks a 2011 fourth-round draft pick for Branch, who is expected to be in Foxboro, Mass., on Tuesday to begin preparations for Sunday's game against the Baltimore Ravens, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5675331

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

eagle eye wrote: »
    Branch is back with the Patriots. The price(4th round pick) seems a little steep based on his production since he left New England but he has looked decent this year

The price is steep but I'd say the Pats were willing to pay it to have an experienced reciever that knows their system, also they wanted to bring in someone that Brady played well with before. With a young recieving corp(am I right in saying only Welker has more than two or three years experience) its important to have a player that was successful with the Pats and that can help Welker lead this groups development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭walt colman

It will certainly help to have an experienced receiver like Branch as the season progresses. I hope he gets a chance prove himself in the playoffs, once again in a Patriots jersey, when the going gets really tough. This like he did in the good old days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 whaturmuva

They had to do something to replace Moss. But the loss of Moss really kills any true deep threat (not taking anything away from Tate), but Moss was a respected veteran and drew the double coverage. This will hurt Welker and their running game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭neilster

with Branch it was all about salary he dropped 1.5m to play in Foxboro ...Seattle werent going to pay that ...they thought they had Mike Willimas re-emerging at a pittance and they have been largely right so far

Vincent Jackson would be in Boston if he was such a headcase but this shows the unusual case of a player floating along for 3 years underproducing and then suddenly becoming elite at precisely the wrong moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

i cant make sense of your post

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭neilster

kryogen wrote: »
    i cant make sense of your post

in 2005 Deoin Branch effectively rejected a $35m dollar contract across 5 yrs at the Pats in favour of a $38m dollar contract in Seattle ....he after never exceeding 700 yards recieving since 2005was never going to be in Seattle in 2011 ...so he dropped salary to be in Foxboro....owing to spotty production and the belief of Pete Carroll in Mike Williams (which has been vindicated by 500 yds recieving in 6 games), Branch would have been cut and better to take the devil he knows than the waiver wire

also his renogiated 2010 salary means that on an annualised basis it would have matched the original $35m deal almost to the dollar

so he could have remained a Pat in 2005 and Moss wouldnt have been there at all

freaky?

Advertisement