Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheatstone Bridge

Options
  • 11-10-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I have a problem with a project I'm doing for college. I've been given a digital thermometer to build using a wheatstone bridge but only know two resistor values. Variable resistor is 100 ohms at 0*(pt100) so the opposite resistor must be equal. How would I calculate the other two resistors? Input is 10v and max current is 2mA through the variable resistor so as to avoid self heating effect. The module is project based learning or "self learning" so lecturer won't give out too much info. Personally don't think this method works unless you have some basic knowledge in the relevant field.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 paulgray

if you can get a hold of Principles of electric circuits by thomas l floyd there is a chapter on the wheatstone bridge also check out allaboutcircuits.com another useful resource.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Sorry, do you have two fixed resistors and a variable resistor too? If so, can't you call the thermistor its known value at 0°c and work out the last?

Advertisement