Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New film festivals sticky - suggestions here!

Options
  • 11-10-2010 10:55pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭

At Jeff_lebowski's suggestion, perhaps it is time to update the old 2006 film festival sticky thread.

Personally I'm not an expert on such things, but if you want to throw some suggestions here I'll put together a central post that brings the topic a little more up to date :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Since I did suggest it I suppose I better provide something to this thread:

Here's some of the biggest festivals running in Ireland at the moment:

Galway Film Fleadh
    Cork Film Festival
    Darklight Festival
    Dublin International Film Festival
    Foyle Film Festival
    Kerry Film Festival
    Fresh Film Festival
    Cinemagic Belfast

Most of these accept shorts although I don't think the Dublin one has a competitive shorts section at all.

Feel free to throw in suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 333cameras

irish Short film has gone to the dogs over the last ten years..all the great short film directors couldn’t get funding so they had to switch careers and now we have to look at kitchen sink dramas about social issues that you can pick up on the evening news. There’s no cinematography that stands out at all… just self consumed undignified draaaaaamaas like fair city and most of these directors don’t even come from film backgrounds. Stop making dog rough shorts and throwing out all these sad depressing stories where scumbuckets are shouting and screaming at one another and then at the end sitting or standing staring into space on the last shot to try and gain sympathy. It’s the Same ending on them all. People need to be entertained not drained to death by Irish short films.

Advertisement