Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday morning Breakfast in Limerick

Options
  • 11-10-2010 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Quick question - I have friends flying into Shannon 7 am Sunday morning so am hoping to bring them out for breakfast in Limerick city. Is Dolan's open on a Sunday morning or could anyone suggest a place or hotel to bring them and of course is nice.

I am sure my friends would appreciate a good hearty breakfast with strong coffee after a long flight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

John Street Deli,John Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

The breakfast in the Savoy hotel is great, well worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

John St Deli!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

+1million for John street deli. not sure what time they open, but christ I wobbled out of the place today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,724 ✭✭✭✭phog

Try the place in the market, they might enjoy the buzz around the market as well as the food.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

phog wrote: »
    Try the place in the market, they might enjoy the buzz around the market as well as the food.:D

Sunday morning 7am? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

zuroph wrote: »
    +1million for John street deli. not sure what time they open, but christ I wobbled out of the place today.

Do they have odd opening hours?

Last time I tried to get breakfast their the only thing on offer was steel shutters?

- Was 10-10.30am ish on a weekday.....

• Registered Users Posts: 37 limerick_lady

Dolans for sure!! I'm pretty sure they serve from early til late, and its a savage breakfast! You won't leave there hungry anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Limerick91

O'Connors on Thomas Street do a nice breakfast. Open on Sunday mornings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Another vote for John St Deli

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Either John St Deli or Dolans, where are they coming in from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

I thought Dolans stopped their daytime trade, did they re open it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

O'Connors on Thomas Street do a nice breakfast. Open on Sunday mornings

The staff in O'Connors aren't the friendliest though. One woman in particular is downright rude.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭angeleyes

They land at 7 am in Shannon so I reckon it will be 9ish by the time we hit Limerick.

Good idea about the market and John Street Deli. Thanks for all the suggestions.

I think the lady in O'Connor's is the owner - she was never the friendliest ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Nice feed in the John St Deli but looks like a bit of a kip.
    Wouldn't like that to be someones first impression of Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Hooked

Stuck my head into Brunch across from St Johns Pavillion, down past the fire brigade and The horse n Hound a few weeks back - and the food was fab. Coffee was top notch and the girl who works there is great craic/has a very nice manner.

John St deli is nice but the decor and location (across from Fords) aint exactly everyones cupán tae.

Is Finnegans on the dublin Road open that time Sunday?

Having eaten in all 3, I'd be back to Brunch in a jiffy!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kebris

or ... go out to Adare. I'm almost certain that Delish is open on a Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

synotts in annacotty do a breakfast on sunday mornings also I believe, if you're coming out that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

forget delish in adare...unless you like to eat your sausages at 9, eggs at 9.15, pudding at 9.30 etc. you'll be lucky to get the feckin tea at all!! they just cannot seem to serve everything together:mad: how hard could it be:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement