Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring a second receiver to dish

Options
  • 11-10-2010 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I have a sky subscription with one box set up in the sitting room,but I have an older sky box spare that I want to put in the kitchen.
    I had a look at the dish today and it has 2 coax cables connected into a single LNB with 4 ports similar to this

install-receivers-1-satellite-dish-360X360.jpg

So I have 2 spare places on the port for 2 more coax cables to run to the second sky box,so my question is,is it as simple as that or do I have to change the LNB on the dish?Do I need a double one or can I just add one to the existing like this?

examplebracketfor2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Simple as that!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭nicecupotay

Sweet!!

Just remembered, there may be an issue if the card for the older box is not up to date.

Its actually an old sky card with an expired or cancelled subscription from the UK,havn't used the box in about a year but I know that if the card was removed from the box I was still able to pick up plenty of the free channels,think I was just loosing channel 4 and 5

Yea, i think you get 80 or so free channels, someone you know ill be gettin rid of a card/box someday and bobs your uncle! Failing that ask an installing tech next time you see one

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info Guill,any channels at all will do me!!
    Recently lost the UK channels I was picking up with the analoge aerial for that room when they switched to digital,so at least I will have something with this setup

Advertisement