Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House burglaries around Ardgah/Carrickboy

Options
  • 11-10-2010 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Hey,

I've been told there's been a huge spate of burglaries around the area, haven't had a chance to call into the Gardai to get information from them but the OH have gone on a mad security up to the nines buzz.

Just wondering if anyone on here has heard anything about this, or anywhere else around the county.
    And would an expensive security system do anything besides cost a lot of money?!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

insert drunk talk here

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

Are you trolling or is this a serious hypothetical question?? :confused:

I guess I'd have to weigh up knowing that people are living in fear and whether someone will find out I'm a rat.

Garda Confidential No.: 1 800 666 111

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭baldbear

A gang of Eastern Europeans came into the country last week and had contacts in the longford area. So they headed off on a huge robbing spree in the Roscommon/Longford area. It was in the Leader today.
    Also, that cash for gold thing is an invitation to thieve.

Coming up to Christmas with the evenings getting dark is when the robberies really kick into gear. Have lights on in your house when its dark at least, get a few timer light things.
    We got robbed last year, had no alarm but do now.

If you don't have an alarm get one!Or a big dog and a gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

Thanks baldbear, I can breathe a sigh of relief, been completely stressed out since hearing about these burglaries.
    So sorry to hear about your home being robbed. We have an alarm and lights on like a Christmas tree, all long life ones!! I'm putting in another sensor security light just to be on the safe side. Maybe I should put up a sign saying "No gold here, the bank has it" But I do like the big gun and dog option, don't think the cats would appreciate the dog though :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭neilster

Thanks baldbear, I can breathe a sigh of relief, been completely stressed out since hearing about these burglaries.
    So sorry to hear about your home being robbed. We have an alarm and lights on like a Christmas tree, all long life ones!! I'm putting in another sensor security light just to be on the safe side. Maybe I should put up a sign saying "No gold here, the bank has it" But I do like the big gun and dog option, don't think the cats would appreciate the dog though :rolleyes:

Have a dog and he barks like no tomorrow , that enough alarm for anyone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 devais

Get a gaggle of geese:p

No one will step inside the garden with these fellas, they go straight for the attack and the noise they make will move any scumbags on!!

Advertisement