Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Belissimo Hair Academy

Options
  • 11-10-2010 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

So basically I'm considering getting my hair cut from long to a sleek bob and was hoping to avail of the the great rates at the academy. I'm just looking for people's opinions and past experiences of the place as to the standard of cut for your money.

Thanks in advance! :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

I totally recommend the academy, I go there every six weeks to get my hair done. The trainee stylists themselves have undergone a variety of training already and are well qualified to cut your hair, and the Academy itself is very well organised with plenty of supervisors and senior stylists on hand to supervise and advise. The one thing I would say is that it may take the trainee stylists a little longer than it would take a graduated stylist, but this is only because they try extra hard and take extreme care whilst cutting. When you go in first, you will have a consultation with both the trainee and their supervisor and they will discuss techniques etc with you. Like I said, i used to pay 225 quid every six weeks for highlights and cut in "leading" hair salon, but now I get an equally good if not better cut and full head highlights for €55, plus there is free parking for customers which is super handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Thanks RebelScorned, that's great to hear. Is there anyone in particular you would recommend? Or do you get a choice of trainee when booking?

About the time, that doesn't really bother me at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

No you don't get a choice AFAIK, you just book into the academy (make sure to specify when you are booking your appointment that it is the academy as opposed to the salon that you are booking). I have had somebody different all the time but i haven't noticed any difference in end result, all the trainees get the same training and turn out same results. They will never make a mistake- like I said they are all supervised and they will be trying to impress you.

Also, just to warn you, they will prob want to take a pic of your hair front and back for their portfolios- I have been caught a few times!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

OK, great thanks, think I'll take the plunge!

Advertisement