Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Musicians wanted with a view to starting something fresh

Options
  • 11-10-2010 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

I'm just out of a break up with a band I spent 4 and half years with and I'm eternally thinking about what I'm going to do next. I had some great experiences with my last band but also some negative ones. With that said, I feel I've learnt a lot and as a result I feel like I know exactly what I'd expect of any potential bandmates in the future. In my last band I got sick and tired of pulling the weight of others all of the time. Essentially I did all of the promotion online and elsewhere, booked pretty much all of the gigs, got most of the people to come and wrote most of the stuff. As things got staler, the interest waned from members of the group and my workload increased. Never again I'm thinking to myself.

I want to be part of something where everyone works as hard as each other in terms of practicing as well as miscellaneous things like webpage/myspace maintenance, promotion etc. I want to be part of something where the interest is widespread as well as the workload. I don't view as that as too much to ask but if we can start off with the right attitude, the more we put into it, the more we'll get out of it.

Now onto the specifics. I'm interested only in an originals band. I play part time in a covers band but that's a seperate entity and will not affect this as I plan on giving this priority. In my last band I played bass and sang. I would be content to do so again in this act but I would be much more interested in doing just the vocals as I intend on getting rigerous vice training over the next few months. There would be room for more than one main vocalist and I would have a lot of time for people who wouldn't be embarrassed or afraid to work on harmonies.

My influences include - Our Lady Peace (pre 2001), Alice In Chains, InMe, Alter Bridge, Alexisonfire, Deep Purple, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Finger Eleven (first three albums), Pear Jam, Seether, Stone Sour, I Am Ghost and many more.

I'm looking for musicians ideally between the ages of 18-23 who live in the greater Dublin area. I'm based in Blessington myself but am endlessly in Dublin anyway. South Dublin would be ideal. I'd be hoping to get this project underway sometime in the new year as I intend on improving my vocals in the near future. If I find the right personnel however then we could definitely look towards a few jamming sessions or even just a few chats.

Any questions then just ask :)

Glenn

Edit- here's a link to my old band. I wrote all of the lyrics and most of the music.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

p'med

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Drummers need not apply. That position's filled :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 patt2000

that rigerous vice training sounds interesting.sorry man-had to say it.rekon most people who've ever been in a band and put the effort in can relate to your frustration.theres always one,or two,or three,who think its enough just to turn up-if they even manage to do that.I like the old band songs.good luck with it.

Quick bump to this :)

Have a bassist and a drummer ready to go. Any guitarists up for the banter?

• Advertisement

One more guitarist needed. More than likely having a first jam in Tallaght. Any takers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭TheFiveLamps

fairplay dude! if you werent so far away i'd definitely be trying to get you to join OUR band!

you sound like a southside version of myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Guitarist here, would be interested, pm on its way!

Advertisement