Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing old caravan

Options
  • 11-10-2010 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Mod feel free to move as necesary.

I have a old caravan (over 30years old!) that I need to move as part of my renovations. It is in a very bad state of disrepair and certainly cannot be towed.

Any ideas? I'm in East Cork.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,933 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If its in real bad shape then a sledgehammer and skip would be required or for a faster dismantling process then use a JCB.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 406 ✭✭FesterBeatty

Had the exact same problem a few years back. Get yourself, 2 lads, a couple of angle grinders, a sledge and a skip. How else would you do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Some times these go up in flames for no apparent reason making disposal very easy,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

aujopimur wrote: »
    Some times these go up in flames for no apparent reason making disposal very easy,

Such action could lead to a call out from the emergency services and consequent prosecution . Not recommended .

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭LoTwan

We got rid of ours with a digger & a skip

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 406 ✭✭FesterBeatty

I agree with aujomipur - burn the bastard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

Thread locked .

FesterBeatty and aujopimur consider yourselves lucky not to banned for breach of this aspect of the charter

Any thread/post that is looking for ways to get around the planning process, or building regulations, or any other statutory legislation, or advising somebody to ignore these legislations and regulations, will be deleted and and the poster will be banned indefinitely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement