Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to Aion

Options
  • 11-10-2010 2:30pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello all, just a quick note here. Aion's expansion has been released, as well as the nice new patches. Gave it a try, impressed so far:

- There are more quests in the area, and higher experience from each quest. Grinding from level 20 upwards is nowhere near as painful as it was.
    - The game engine has been optimized. I can now siege on the fortresses without a significant drop in FPS to the point where it's unplayable :cool:
    - Some areas have been remapped. Some areas have been expanded where some has been reduced.
    - Pets are meh. Just a WoW copy, of course
    - Flying time has been increased, and more areas are now opened to flying :D

Anyways, since FFXIV was a disappointment and the next WoW expansion isnt for another few months, I'll be playing on Aion again for the time being until something else consumes me

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I enjoyed the game for a while, and the flying had potential, but man oh man, what a grind fest it was. Has the grinding been reduced by much, or is it still really high compared to other mmo's?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's about on par with AoC, maybe a little higher.

Advertisement