Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Archery Club in the North West

Options
  • 11-10-2010 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

For anyone in NW Donegal region near the border, there is a new archery club running in Derry. Here are the details:

Maiden City Archery Club

Location: Sports Centre, Magee College (Uni of Ulster), Northland Rd, Derry

Practice: Wed nights, 7pm - 8.30pm

Beginners are welcome any time. There are kids at the club but we prefer if they are aged 10 or over. All equipment provided although you are more than welcome to bring your own!

If you want any more info, just ask. I don't run the club but I've been there since it started up & it's a lot closer to me than travelling to the next nearest one, which I believe is in Castlefinn.

Perhaps people can post up where their local clubs are or if there are any new ones starting up as not every club seems to be listed on the archery sites.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Welcome to the fray and best of luck with the club! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BikingChick

Many thanks Panserborn! :D

Of note, as the current practice is in a university sports hall, it can be booked up from time to time for college needs. If you are a newbie & want to try it out, you are welcome to come along any week. However, it might be a good idea to PM me to ensure there are no unforeseen circumstances as I'm pretty quick at checking email! Soon as we get a new venue, I'll post an update in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

If you PM me any details of the club you wish advertised here on boards in the clubs thread I'll get them up tonight. An email address is usually good as the thread is searchable via a search engine, but you need to sign up to boards to PM.

If ye intend to eventually associate either with the IAAA or NIAS (governing bodies South and North Ireland) let us know as well - will be great to have another club in the family! :D

Advertisement