Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mushrooms In Ireland

Options
  • 11-10-2010 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi im heading out to emo court to look for some edible mushrooms does anyone have any experience picking mushrooms in ireland and if so could you describe some and some location maybe?, now im not looking for magic mushrooms but locations for them would be great too thanks.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,238 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

David_M wrote: »
    Hi im heading out to emo court to look for some edible mushrooms does anyone have any experience picking mushrooms in ireland and if so could you describe some and some location maybe?, now im not looking for magic mushrooms but locations for them would be great too thanks.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Don't mix them up when you're cooking for your mates or they might become fascinatic with things that seem to be spinning...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

If they look like the ones you can buy, they're prob the same ones. White tops and stalk, pink undersides, no bigger really than about 4 inches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

newmug wrote: »
    If they look like the ones you can buy, they're prob the same ones. White tops and stalk, pink undersides, no bigger really than about 4 inches.

Speak for yourself;)

Oh and mushrooms are only 99 cent in Lidl you'll spend more than that on pertrol getting in and out to Emo:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

David_M wrote: »
    now im not looking for magic mushrooms but locations for them would be great too thanks.

Anywhere there is sheep **** my friend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 David_M

We went to Emo and the amount of different types its crazy!! My friend is from Latvia and he was picking these mad lookin ones there called Penny Buns Long white thick stalk with a Brown top Much like half a sphere with a spongy underside. He said they were edible :pac:. Ive takin pictures of some of the different types ill try and post asap. I havent seen any the ones you can buy in the shop for years, i used to pick them ones when i was a kid but there not around anymore. The magic mushrooms are so hard to spot among the huge variety out there so i didnt bother picking any that looked like them or similar. Has anybody been out to Emo recently??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I'm not 100% sure but I think Magic Mushroom season is gone now? Think it's September, just after some rain. Might be getting too cold now. I heard the Heath was a good place because there's a lot of sheep out there but could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 David_M

Ah i didnt know that its near sheep **** where they grow thanks!! Yeah i reckon its to late for them now but theres always next year!!! :) Does anyone know of any other kinds of mushrooms that are edible and still in season?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I'm not 100%, but I think it will start to get too cold for them to grow properly at all soon, what with frost and all.

Advertisement