Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

This is awesome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I thought the constant aggression and unit drops was pretty entertaining to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

TvT is probably the most dynamic matchup atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Boring was probably the wrong word. I liked how dynamic it was with drops and air harass, i just didnt see any variance of styles at all. TLO is usually pretty great for that sort of thing.

That replay shows theres still room for creativity

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That replay was fantastic, really enjoyable, unbelieveable.

A unit I only EVER get incase I need to scope out some invis units, but those seeker missiles are making me think twice :O

Most of the TvT I play is just Marines/Marauders, Tanks and Vikings and thats really it. TvT is probably one of my most confident matchups aswell. But the IEM final really showed me personally that I need to learn how to dropship properly, so devastating when done properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭BKtje

Got nailed by mass ravens in a 2v2 recently, was funny to see and impossible to defend against once i was on the run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

BKtje wrote: »
    Got nailed by mass ravens in a 2v2 recently, was funny to see and impossible to defend against once i was on the run.
    How many is 'mass'?

Personally I love ravens, always have 2. One at base for mobile detection of banshees/DTs/observers, the other I try to sneak behind a mineral line to plant 3 turrets as he attacks me base/army. Often the opponent doesn't notice the workers dying if they concnetrate on the battle.

Edit: watched that match and absolutely loved the 9 raven auto turret assault. There was me with my puny double raven thinking I was doing good,laying down 10-15 turrets at once is impressive......I shall try that strat tomorrow night.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭BKtje

7 or 8, didnt really count.
    That was ALL he had left though, that and a handful of buildings. His ally wasnt any better off and neither had any economy anymore. That said neither did I (and my ally had left) and whenever i tried to plop an Command Centre down (had oodles of cash after ally left) along would come his ravens to wipe out what i had. If i had even one viking I probably would have managed to win :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Ghost EMP + Vikings counter mass ravens, anyone tried that? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Ghost EMP + Vikings counter mass ravens, anyone tried that? :p
    I think you just need ghosts, the EMP turns the ravens into expensive impotent and visible observers!

Just played 2 games trying this out. I'm not a great player so seems an all in strat to me. 1st game the guy doing a push with 3 tanks, 4 marauders and 5-10 marines just as I was entering his base with 3 ravens. Killed all of his SCVs and command centre on Kulas ravine. Used a reaper to find him then sent first 3 ravens in. Lucky he disconnected as I had no other troops...think he was shocked at the tactic.........

Heres the replay of the 2nd attempt. Protoss went for carriers and I had nothing to stop him. I think I saw at least 6 stargates!! Maybe with my mass vikings a bit earlier I could have stopped him.....maybr seeker missile early on would have helped? Must look over it myself....

Advertisement