Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resort Info: La Tania, France

Options
  • 11-10-2010 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭

Lads and Ladies, La Tania in France.. Anyone ever been? Is it a big town/resort? Much to do?

I know its part of the Courchevel area & 3 Valleys ski area.. I was in meribel before but didnt really take advantage of the 3 vallys pass as it was only my second year on snow.. 5 years later and a season in whistler and ill tear through the runs now!!

Whats the skiing/boarding like?

Cheers for any help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 psydereyes

I spent a season working in la tania and found it be a good little spot.

As far as its own skiiing there is a bit but not a huge amount, depends on your level i suppose but there are some good tree runs down, but as a gateway to 1850/meribel etc etc its pretty good.
    For nightlife there is Bar le ski lodge which is owned by this mad englishman called Tim, he's owns a pub out in meribel aswell. Thats where most of the apres ski would take place.
    You can get a free ski bus up to 1550/1650&1850 to go to all the more expensive madder places if you want and then get a taxi back if staying out late.

hope this helps, was about 5 years ago i was out there so prob things may have changed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭rjp123

its at 1300 so can suffer from patchy snow down to it although they are fairly wide and treelined. dont think there is much there at all from a nightlife point of view. have been to le praz (courchevel 1300) close to it a few times and loved it plus you should be able to get buses to the various courchevel resorts, meribel might be a bit of a trek by taxi and would cost you. le praz has a few bars but bear in mind this is france.
    for skiing its savage (the 3v). plus you are on the meribel side of courchevel vally for quick access to meribel. basically the only time you see la tania will be when you get up and come home.

Advertisement