Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storyland 3 - The Strange Folk

Options
  • 11-10-2010 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

My nephew (Pat Walsh) is entering storyland on RTE and asked me to put this up here to see what you guy's think.

Can you's let me know what you's think?

Tal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

That was so bad it's funny. Not what it was going for though I'd say....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Richy06 wrote: »
    That was so bad it's funny. Not what it was going for though I'd say....

No I think that's exactly what it was going for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

No exactly what he was going for...

The idea was it was a really crap archive RTE show, like the old documentarys they used to have.

I remember Duncan Smith when I watch it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Ahbegob

It's good that this was put together and submitted- lots of hurlers on the ditch have never reached that far (no criticism intended here to any poster on these boards)

The comedy here resides in taking something very dull and presenting it as very serious. The over the top 'presenter' was overkill- better he was very, very serious.

Music nice, use of programme ident also good.

If this was presented as old style- then I'd be concerned that the content did not correspond- the presenter perhaps should have severe locks, a huge tie, an acrylic suit- (certainly a suit- not a sleeveless jacket-[too modern]). The video was a little too good- colours should be more washed out maybe. Overall the time period of this should be consistent in every detail- a viewer has to get a strong sense of when this is set- right now there are contradictory visuals.

The faces at the end were interesting but had no connection with what happened in the previous footage- it looked added on. I'd have spread images through this teaser if they were essential- I personally would have just cut them- as they just confuse.

Again, a good attempt but I would suspect RTE would rate this down for the above points. Well done for making it and I'd use the experience to build. Hope this does well for you in the submission- and if you get to the interview- be ready to respond to the questions that the content will produce. If you looked surprised - they'll think you don't know what you are doing... keep up the good work

opinions- please do not view above comments as negative.

It's a pity I'm new to these boards- wish I could have added these comments before the submission date. You'd then have the option of ignoring them but maybe there'd have been something you agreed with.

Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

No I think that's exactly what it was going for.

I didn't mean funny in a good way. The ****ness of it was laughable might have been a better way to put it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Elmo iS SicK

That was awesome haha - ****e ...me PIGS!!

the bit at the end was a bit misleading with the faces , just kind of random ,

people might think its **** if their looking at it the wrong way like the guy above me said if they dont get that its supposed to be like that ..their viewing it at face level and their retards anyway , but i thought it was funny as in good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

The faces are supposed to be the suspected people of killing Pat.

They will unfold in later episodes. Or you can see their previous encounters on their youtube channel

www.youtube.com/StrangeFolkFilms

-

Advertisement