Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineer certs & reports.

Options
  • 11-10-2010 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I was just wondering should I have received:

1. Certs
    2. Cert of Compliance

and any interim reports, notes, issues or documentation regarding the build.

I hired the engineer for the purpose of signing off for stage payments and compliance with planning permission and building regulations. To the best of my knowledge everything went fine.

BUT

I didn't receive anything from the engineer, should I have received anything or should I be requesting to see anything?

I didn't think anything of it and was just curious.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Well if the engineer was signing certs for the bank etc, your solicitor would have requested compliance cert from him/her on request for final stage payment. Is the build finished?

Your solicitor should have all the documents if the project is completed. You could always ask Engineer for a copy of the Compliance cert.

Other documents relating to compliance would be cert of foundations, final grant of planning, commencement notice and acknoledgement of receipt. It would be no harm for you personally to hold a copy of all these items.

THere may or may not also be a BER cert relating to the property that you should have.

Your Engineer would also probably be able to give you copies of certs which went to bank but they would be of no use to you really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

For each stage payment to be issued the Engineer would have stated which works have been carried out and that the works comply with the relevant regulations.

The certificate of compliance covers all of the building and each stage thereof that has been inspected by your engineer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Did you recieve an invoice for the work and did you pay it. if the answer to both these questions is yes then you should have got a copy of certs of cpomplaince and a BER cert if it was required. The originals generally go to your solicitor. If you got the final stage payment then the cets must have been submitted, the banks are not releasing final payments without them at the moment.

Advertisement