Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Ops Pre-Order - where will you get yours?

Options
  • 11-10-2010 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Me, I'll probably get it down from Steam (if I can find it), as it's handy to see who's online, and also so I don't have to goto a shop after work.

Or is any of the online stores doing pre-order weapon specials (like in BFBC2)?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Is Black Ops gonna be tied to Steam like MW2?
    Also, what price is it on Steam?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

G2play,D2D or steam

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Steam, say what you like it normally works great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,104 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Is Black Ops gonna be tied to Steam like MW2?
    Also, what price is it on Steam?

It requires Steam.

Spear wrote: »
    It requires Steam.

If that's the case then it will not be available on D2D. Steam will be the only place to get it online.
    I'd like to get it day 1 on steam but its always much cheaper in the shops.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,104 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

If that's the case then it will not be available on D2D. Steam will be the only place to get it online.
    I'd like to get it day 1 on steam but its always much cheaper in the shops.

D2D don't seem to have it listed, but they do sell other Steam requiring games such as Civ 5. Stardock/Impulse are the only holdouts in that regard still.

Spear wrote: »
    D2D don't seem to have it listed, but they do sell other Steam requiring games such as Civ 5. Stardock/Impulse are the only holdouts in that regard still.

I remember last year that D2D couldn't sell MW2 due to its links with Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

TheFairy wrote: »
    Steam, say what you like it normally works great.

Whether you buy it retail or Digital, just like MW2, it will be tied to your Steam account.

The result? You are better off buying a retail version in Irish Shop (or NI) for cheaper than Steam (shouldn't be hard to beat) and the result will be the same except you will have save money and got a hard copy with a MANUAL (MW2 Steam only offers no manual).

The best way is to buy the code from http://www.g2play.net/store/ then add it to steam and download the game via steam.
    I got Aliens V Predator as a present from there last week, cost 14.99 euros ,it costs 50 euro on steam,i simply entered the code and steam done the rest.
    Medal of Honor is 31.99 , Fifa 11 19.99,Black Ops is listed @ 44.99 but ive often seen new releases drop as it gets closer to release just like Medal Of Honor and Fifa 11 did.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Dcully wrote: »
    The best way is to buy the code from http://www.g2play.net/store/ then add it to steam and download the game via steam.

Didnt know this site, thanks! :D

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    I got Aliens V Predator as a present from there last week, cost 14.99 euros ,it costs 50 euro on steam,i simply entered the code and steam done the rest.
    Medal of Honor is 31.99 , Fifa 11 19.99,Black Ops is listed @ 44.99 but ive often seen new releases drop as it gets closer to release just like Medal Of Honor and Fifa 11 did.

Umm, reading about this site and there seems to be a dark side to it. Have you ever been sold a duplicate key Dcully?

Umm, reading about this site and there seems to be a dark side to it. Have you ever been sold a duplicate key Dcully?

Ive never bought from them personally, i was sent a code last week from a friend who bought the code from G2play.
    He has bought quite a bit of stuff from them with no problems.

Advertisement