Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to be a hairdresser!

Options
  • 10-10-2010 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if there was someone out there that could help me or give me any advice.

I really want to become a hairdresser and i want to know how the best and cheepest way to do just that. I have started an evening course in a secondary school on the basics and have been really enjoying it! and want to go further with it.

I have been looking up courses and it looks like i cant afford them but i could and I'm willing to get a loan out but that means i would have to work to pay it off. Has there been anyone out there that has done this and was it hard to do????(is it hard to get paid work in a salon when your studding????
    ~Or is there any salon that take on beginner for training paid or part time os i could work the other days to surrive?????

I live in dublin but am not apposed to travelling or moving if the placement was right!!

relpys with any info would be great
    ciara

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭dozydelilah

there has been adds on the radio this week for petermarks apprentices, that would be food training, its wital to have salon experience as part of your training, so i am a firm believer in apprentchips. also fas is an option, check it out! but deffo work in a salon, even for free, you can learn alot from sweeping the floor and washing heads, if your interested in the job!! keep your eyes and ears open, ask questions, and you,ll always be learning, and it will be noticed. show initative, and be confident, not cocky when dealing with customers. apply to peter marks straight away, online i think, also do out a cv and hit the street, if you can find out a managers name, ask for them, and hand in your cv personallly, and if theres nothing this week, do it all over again in a couple of weeks, you never know what has changed in a place, and they will be impressed at your determination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Hi Ciara, the best way to get into hairdressing is to work in a salon!

I know in the current climate most places are letting people go rather than taking them on but as already said Peter Mark are taking on staff of all levels! Get their number and ring them for an interview. At least with them you get your training and get paid for it!

That way it saves you having to take out a loan to get qualified!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

FAS also offer beginners hairdressing courses so are worth checking out, best of luck with it!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Linguo wrote: »
    FAS also offer beginners hairdressing courses so are worth checking out, best of luck with it!:)

The waiting list for this over most of the country can be up to and if not longer than a year!

Advertisement