Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

May I have some advice please?

Options
  • 10-10-2010 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I am currently in second year of an undergraduate course in Psychology. I am very anxious to set the wheels in motion to hopefully complete the Clinical Psychology doctoral program in UCD. I was wondering if anybody could tell me if I am on the right track at the minute, and if anybody has any advice as to what I can do to improve my chances of gaining entry to the course, I would really appreciate that. I know that I will most likely have to complete a masters in an area of Psychology before applying to the clinical program. I have been actively searching for a position as an assistant to a Psychologist for this coming summer (un-paid of course). Should I be unable to find anything, could anybody recommend any alternatives? I completed a period as a Special Needs Assistant last summer, and gained experience with a wide range of conditions, from Autism to Selective Mutism. I currently hold a GPA of 3.9 out of 4.2.

Could anybody who successfully gained entry to the Clinical program let me know if I am going about things the right way?
    Thank You!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Musefan, there are a lot of similar threads if you have a look or do a search.

Advertisement