Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky+ HD Box to 3 TV's Query

Options
  • 10-10-2010 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭

I'll soon be moving and im wondering if what i have planned will work as i have thought it will... :rolleyes:

i know i'll only be able to watch the same channel on each tv, but i am unsure if it will be able to work on the 3 tvs at the same time? ie. display same image on all 3 tvs at the same time.

1x SKY+HD Box (Amstrad DRX790)

1) HDMI feed from sky box to main TV in living room

2) Long scart cable from same sky box going into kitchen to small tv connected to the tvs scart connection (im guessing a magic eye wont work through the scart)

3) Long aerial cable going from same sky box rf2 output leading to the upstairs bedroom tv into the tvs aerial connection. also with a magic eye combined to control channels from bedroom.

will all this work as intended?

is there an easier method that i am overlooking?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭rockey1

yes would work fine but you would be better to use aerial for tv in kitchen as well as bed room so you can use sky eye as well if you cant you can use a remote sender so you can change the channel in the kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

i thought only the rf2 output on the skybox was powered, so the rf1 would be useless and wudnt transmit the magic eye signal down it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭rockey1

BArra wrote: »
    i thought only the rf2 output on the skybox was powered, so the rf1 would be useless and wudnt transmit the magic eye signal down it?

take coax cable from out-put rf2 to a sky eye splitter they come in all sizes 2 4 6 8 what ever mount of rooms you want 2 run you can have as many sky eyes as you want you can run the hole house with it even

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

one of these

Advertisement