Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coloured Plaster or normal plaster????.

Options
  • 10-10-2010 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi all,

I know I didn't get very far with my request on the colour render but thanks to Mr Edge for his kind reply. I've been thinking that a normal sand and cement finish would be best for peace of mind and all that, but the boss wants an off White finish so how can that be achived with normal materials and how long would these finishes last without the need of touching up, one more thing do you require to paint that kind of finish. Once again all or any help
    would be a great help when I talk to the plaster in
    the next week or so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭secman

moan 77 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I know I didn't get very far with my request on the colour render but thanks to Mr Edge for his kind reply. I've been thinking that a normal sand and cement finish would be best for peace of mind and all that, but the boss wants an off White finish so how can that be achived with normal materials and how long would these finishes last without the need of touching up, one more thing do you require to paint that kind of finish. Once again all or any help
    would be a great help when I talk to the plaster in
    the next week or so.

We used white sand, white cement and lime. The finish is more chalk white than brilliant white. Apparently not every plasterer likes to work with these materials , its not as pliable as ordinary sand and cement and if not properly applied it can crackle. The plasterer we used is an old timer and we had visited several previous jobs he had done over the the 4/ 5years. Its up 4 years now and still looks fine. If we had done it in ordinary sand and cement and painted it, i'm sure after 4 years it would need a freshen up job. At the time it cost about 10% more than the standard finish.

Secman

Secman

Advertisement