Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying bird food (peanuts) online?

Options
  • 10-10-2010 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Our local garden centres only stock small containers of peanuts & the birds in our garden go through it so fast.
    Does anyone buy large bags of peanuts online? If so, could you give me the web address?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭BrianD3

www.birdfood.ie
    Free delivery if you order over 80 euro.

I have used them a few times (for Nyger and sunflower seeds) and found the service good.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yes, the only downside is the minimum €80 order to qualify for free postage, but I find that it's not too difficult to find someome to share an order with you to bring you over the limit if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I did a bit of looking around online & found another Irish site called Petbliss.com. They have 25kg bags of peanuts for €48. Delivery is free for orders over €39, so it looks like a better deal.

Link

Can anyone find a better price than this? Any English sites that I've found don't seem keen to deliver here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭1squidge

I've bought from these and delivered to my door.http://www.haiths.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Fishy1 wrote: »
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I did a bit of looking around online & found another Irish site called Petbliss.com. They have 25kg bags of peanuts for €48. Delivery is free for orders over €39, so it looks like a better deal.

Link

Just to let you know that I bought the 25kg bag of peanuts from Petbliss.com. I ordered them last Wednesday evening & my delivery came last Friday. Very pleased with the service, so are my garden birds :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 nautical star

Have used a few different places but have found www.ecopet.ie to be very reliable and cheap. have also found the birds like stealing my cats food ...........lol.................

Advertisement