Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chinese common law wife

Options
  • 10-10-2010 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

hi guys dont know where to post this i have been living with my fiance whose chinese for 2 years now and i heard a rumour that if we are living as common law spouses for x number of years she can apply for a special visa/irish passport is this true or can any one give me advice on how to apply for this
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭niceoneted

Are you living in Ireland at present or looking to move here? What is her status at present - can she extent this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

De Facto Relationships with an Irish National

Non EEA nationals who wish to remain the State and are in a de facto relationship with an Irish National must be in a position to provide evidence of a durable attested relationship of at least 2 years. The following documents must be provided to General Immigration, INIS, 13-14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2
    • Copies of current passports of both parties.
    • Evidence of finances of both parties
    • Evidence of relationship of at least 2 years duration (i.e. tenancy agreement, utility bills, bank statements, etc)
    Subject to the immigration status of the non EEA national permission to remain may granted. This permission will exempt the non EEA National form work permit condition.
    [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]The above is not an exhaustive list, and you may be asked for additional documentation in support of your application
    [/FONT]

in order to apply for an Irish Passport, your fiance must first apply for citizenship. This will be difficult to get as you are not married - even being married does not conferr automatic citizenship rights. In order to apply for citizenship you must be 5 years residing in Ireland or 3 years for spouses of Irish citizens.

HTH

Advertisement