Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanics of materials download?

Options
  • 10-10-2010 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hey,

does anyone know where I can download Mechanics of Materials by R C Hibbeler (7th or 8th edition) for free?

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

you could try scribd.com, but before downloading it illegally - does the library in your local uni not have it? i'm sure even a county library could get it.

there are also other free (and legal!) alternatives to the hibbler books if your after info on mechanics of materials? if you give more info on the type of problem you're looking at i could point you in the right direction. is it beam bending and similar stuff? efunda.com is a good place to start.

If you are in college there will be more books on this topic in the same section of the library. Shigley and Mischke is also an often used option.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 motthomas

+1 to other books being used. Try "Mechanics of Materials" by E.J. Hearn. I found that the easiest for reference while I was in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭memaul

hey, i have an electronic copy of the solutions to the book but i cant find the actual book. Let me know if you want me to send you on the solutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cool croc

@ apoeiguq3094y, yes the library does have it but there is a high demand for it and you are only allowed hold onto it for up to a week.

Its stress and strain stuff we're doing at the moment, I have the actual topics in my notes.

Its the derivations that are the hardest to understand I think, this book seems to be the one the lecture is working out of.

@ memaul, pm me if you still have them solutions, they might come in handy, cheers.

Thanks for the help guys! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Gere and Goodno is pretty good too. Google it and there are many, many download links :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement