Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tuesday boards play?

• 10-10-2010 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anything on this Tuesday or is anything being organised?

Hamstring injury has me out of ball for the next few months so I'm all in for some SC2 win! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I should be around. I would be up for a standard 1v1 cup but 2v2 would be good too as thats what people seem to prefer. Any volunteers to organize? :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Do people fancy something competitive or something for fun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

fun fun fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭The_Keeper

competitive fun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

ya should try make it a laugh everyone.

ill hopefully be around for this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well whats the difference? Competitive games are fun :P

I'm swetting for some 1v1 play against boardsies to be fair, I think it is more fun and more interesting to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

either some sort of 1v1/koth would be nice. 2v2 is all well and good but it tends to come down to just rushing.

Another idea is to apply the funday monday ideas to games:)

Yea, I think we should try the Fun-Day Monday rules to date. So No Marines, Marauders or Tanks for Terrans, no Queens for Zerg and no expo for Protoss until there're carriers. What's this week's one, I didn't see last weeks episode.

Monday funday is really to be done on ladder games against random opponents, not where we all know whats going to happen.

Dont think it would be the best tbh : /

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Some random 1v1s would be fun - what happened the idea of the Boardsie ladder? Is that still going ahead?

• Advertisement

Yeah was well interested in this idea ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Dustaz wrote: »
    either some sort of 1v1/koth would be nice. 2v2 is all well and good but it tends to come down to just rushing.

Another idea is to apply the funday monday ideas to games:)
    KotH would take too long given the number of players you'd have unless you limited the places.

Not a fan of king of the hill.

Random selection 1v1 then round robin there on.

Or if theres enough create small groups and work from there into winner and loser brackets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Been playing a lot with little or no queens, it's seriously imba with 1 or 2 extra hatches :S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

Kharn wrote: »
    Yea, I think we should try the Fun-Day Monday rules to date........ What's this week's one, I didn't see last weeks episode.
    The challenge is to play a 3v3 or 4v4 and at the start each player types a unit. That is the only unit they will use for the entire game.

Overlords, overseers,queens obviously excepted. High templars allowed if you chose archons as your unit but must merge as soon as possible.

So anything being confirmed tonight?

Organiser, time, whats on?

Funky/Kharn, we are looking at you :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

sc2 party in my place, bring hookers and booze.

Where do you live?

I don't think I'm gonna be around this evening I'm afraid guys and gals (ok, maybe the gals bit is being a bit ambitious...).

I'd suggest though that as there seems to be a desire to play some 1v1's that you all just hang out in IRC and see who wants a game. Doc, you should be well able to round up the troops :p

ok so I'll organise it.

I'll put up some stuff regarding the 1v1 tournament later on my lunch :)

For now

1v1 Starcraft 2 Tournament
    Group stage/ Round Robin ( dependant on numbers)
    Structure is very much down to numbers.

Registration opens 7:20pm
    Registration closes 7:45pm

First games start 8:00pm

Spectators welcome
    Ventrilo online, players seperated during games
    IRC is the hub during game downtime. Groups, matches etc will be announced through there.

Hopefully we can have 16 players to play group stages. Will be most likely bo1 otherwise we would be here all night, plus it gives everyone a minimum of three games.

• Advertisement

Map pool will be from the ladder.

Maps will be by match so match 1 will be all a certain map etc etc

Bollox just realised the match is on tonight :O, ****

Because of the match and numbers might be low, if there isn't decent numbers by registration closing I'm just going to bail and watch the match and let whoever is there organise themselves.

If you want throw interest down ehre so I can have a genuine idea.

If your a Twitter fan #boardssc2 should put you in touch with tweets bout tonight or you can follow myself, either or.

#boardssc2 IS NOT AN IRC CHANNEL.

For the few little gooses who joined, its a twitter search trend :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

wont make it tonight, got rep council :(

I'll be around to play some games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

i should be around, but might be a bit late, picking up the girlfriend. If i'm late, i'll forfeit my first bo3 game.

Actually, I won't be able to play tonight, sorry guys.

Tournament postponed tonight guys

Wasn't enough signups, will run later in the week, like tomorrow or thursday if there is any interest.

Any interest in taking this up again this week or hold off till enxt Tuesday, giving a week break hopefully it might attract numbers and give people prep time.

Well I made the mistake of choosing to watch the match last night instead; ergh, it's hard to cheer on that team these days. Anyway, I think it depends on most ppl's schedules really, I'm sensing Tuesday ain't the best for most :D

Agreed, I'm free Monday-Thursday to organise stuff so whatever suits most, I think a poll is needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

this on again?

I think this fell apart last tuesday simply because of the footie falling at the exact same time and judging by how that poll is going so far it looks like this might stay on tuesdays.

Bump?

yeah little bit dead around the tuesday night games.

My gaming is out of action due to epic lag.

But still here to organise anyway.

I'm not sure of my availability for something tonight, but maybe we can all take a pop at the king of the hill and see how the evening progresses? :)

Remembered champions league is on so count me out of anything tonight ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement