Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

older motorhomes

Options
  • 10-10-2010 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

does anyone have any thoughts on how long one can expect to keep a motorhome mine is 10 years old coachbuilt but is in very good condition and i keep it inside used by two people low mileage have seen some 1990s and older but was wondering would you still head for spain in something that age your thoughts thanks:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭corkbuoy

Mine is 12 years old and I have been to the south of France this year and intend going to Italy next year. I think once properly maintained they can go on for a long time. The habitation areas of older vans seem better built and more robust than many newer vans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I maintain a '94 Hymer for a local couple , and they travel over and back to the UK regularly in it , nary a problem .

It's all about regular maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Mine is allowed into nightclubs now (21 :D)

Still working fine. Had one minor leak, plugged it, no trouble since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

The first one we had was a 1969 dodge was still going strong a couple of years ago. The second one was a 1978 merc 307 and a guy lives in it now he passed us twice last summer once in macroom and once in sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

paddyp wrote: »
    The first one we had was a 1969 dodge was still going strong a couple of years ago. The second one was a 1978 merc 307 and a guy lives in it now he passed us twice last summer once in macroom and once in sligo.

Was that an american Dodge, I'd like to see a photo if you have one.
    Mine is a a 1979 Chevy, anything after 1990 is a new vehicle in my book!

• Advertisement
Advertisement