Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Securewave & EN50131 Standards

Options
  • 10-10-2010 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Hi Altor/Koolkid,

I'm hoping that one of you wouldn't mind answering a couple of questions: one about my alarm & another about my parents one.

1) My parents recently upgraded their system & had a HKC Securewave 10/70 panel & keypad installed. They are elderly & sometimes couldn't remember whether they had tuned the alarm on or not, as the system was installed to comply with EN50131 standards, so the red light didn't flash when the system was armed. This was causing them a bit of bother, having to check the keypad or ''re-arming'' it with the keyfob any time they couldn't remember so I rang HKC & they talked me through how to change the settings so as it now flashes, so my parents are now happy.

My question is does the fact that this function is now enabled mean that the system no longer complies with the newer standards for insurance purposes, or does it matter?

2) My own system has a HKC Securewatch 812 panel & keypad. I want to turn down the volume or disable/silence the keypad buzz/beep when I enter & exit. I have the engineer code. Is this possible to do?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

1. En 50131 states that the keypad can not display that status of the panel. Set/unset or partset. But if the customer requests that they want to display the status of the panel there isnt much the inspectors can do. But in word NO its not compliant but it will not effect the insurance's.

2. Yes you can turn off the volume of the 8/12 keypad but he keypad MUST be Identified to the panel. If you have the engineer code to ID the keypad you need to go into the DEVICES menu AD and ID keypands annd then press the tamper to ID the keypand. Then go into the keypand options menu and turn the buzzer to NO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

jeckle wrote: »
    Hi Altor/Koolkid,

I'm hoping that one of you wouldn't mind answering a couple of questions: one about my alarm & another about my parents one.

1) My parents recently upgraded their system & had a HKC Securewave 10/70 panel & keypad installed. They are elderly & sometimes couldn't remember whether they had tuned the alarm on or not, as the system was installed to comply with EN50131 standards, so the red light didn't flash when the system was armed. This was causing them a bit of bother, having to check the keypad or ''re-arming'' it with the keyfob any time they couldn't remember so I rang HKC & they talked me through how to change the settings so as it now flashes, so my parents are now happy.

My question is does the fact that this function is now enabled mean that the system no longer complies with the newer standards for insurance purposes, or does it matter?

2) My own system has a HKC Securewatch 812 panel & keypad. I want to turn down the volume or disable/silence the keypad buzz/beep when I enter & exit. I have the engineer code. Is this possible to do?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hi jeckle,

Yes, changing this setting does now mean that it does not comply with EN50131 but you changing this setting also invalidated the certification on the alarm system plus may have voided any warranty you would have with the installation company on the system installed.

With regard your insurance company, they are the only people who can tell you where you stand.

Another way to silence the keypad is open it up and disconnect the speaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

Thanks Cadzer & Altor - much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

Your welcome.

Advertisement