Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wuthering Heights Film?

Options
  • 10-10-2010 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

Which Wuthering Heights film or tv series stays closest to the book by Emily Bronte? I know there has been quite a few but I am not sure which is the most like the book. I need to watch the film of it because it is one of my texts for English in the leaving cert and I kind of got lost after chapter 15. Please don't reply and tell me to buy the book because I simply don't have time and I would like to watch the film a few times to get the plot and characters into my head.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

i would say the old bbc one. the production quality of it is horrible though

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭fionav3

Sob, I could be completely wrong but I'm not sure there's any film that remains completely faithful to the text. And if it's part of your leaving cert sylabus, I'm sure that's something you definitely don't want to get wrong? The first few chapters of the book might be a little hard to get into but after that it really is a fantastic book (and one of my all time favourites, I've reread it countless times over the years). Bear in mind that the first time I picked up the book I couldn't get into it so didn't bother. Years later when I was studying it, I remember groaning about having to read this book that I thought was so 'boring' but once I got into it I couldn't put it down! I know you haven't much time during leaving cert year but what about giving a bash at the book during your halloween or christmas holidays? A film might help you picture it better but is no substitute for reading the real thing and an examiner will see that, guaranteed. Good luck! :)

fionav3 wrote: »
    the first time I picked up the book I couldn't get into it so didn't bother. Years later when I was studying it, I remember groaning about having to read this book that I thought was so 'boring' but once I got into it I couldn't put it down! I know you haven't much time during leaving cert year but what about giving a bash at the book during your halloween or christmas holidays? A film might help you picture it better but is no substitute for reading the real thing and an examiner will see that, guaranteed. Good luck! :)

I was exactly the same, was part of a college course I did and I had no time for it. Stopped and started throughout the semester and it wasn't until I went away on holidays that I started again and read it in no time.

Actually had a nightmare about the window scene :o

Great book, saw a stage production on it that was also very good.
    Have never seen a film adaption but would hope that it would be true to the text.

Advertisement