Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

robins

Options
  • 09-10-2010 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭

Where have all the robins gone?i used to have plenty here and havent seen one since winter,used tio get lots of baby robins and adults.A fe other ppl in different areas in mayo/sligo have noticed them missing too.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

I see our :D (he is ours y'know) robin has returned, shes not been around since spring or if she has been around shes been very quiet:confused:....

imho they disappear for the spring and summer as they are probably rearing young and as autumn/winter comes along they return for their food supply.

I don't know if this is correct or not, but I'm sure someone else here will know the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

glad you robin has returned.oon my place i ususally have robins,rearing young here ,as theres a lot of trees on my place ,but not had one year,usually look forward to seeing the fledglings round the place ,but not a robin this year,in fact another lot of small birds are scarce this year,but theres flocks of goldfinches around,as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

I have a few in my garden. But loads of greenfinches. Too many...
    The funny thing is that I do not see them anywhere else. All of them must be in my garden :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Garden bird surveys show Robin numbers are actually up this year. It has been a very successful breeding year for them. Maybe your garden just isn't conducive to supporting Robins except when driven to feed on food provided in Winter.

Advertisement