Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 squad car chase !!

Options
  • 09-10-2010 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭

driving from Cork to Limerick today and sometime after Charleville I came across 6 squad cars and 6 undercover cars with lights flashing and sirens blaring heading in the direction of Cork. Another 2 were chasing after then about 2 minutes later. Happened about 5pm. So whats going down !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Heard about that aright. My brothers were in Charleville this evening, just about to drive out of Lidl carpark (Limerick side of Charleville) and all the squad cars drove past them.....They said it was like something out of The Dukes of Hazzard:D. The car was chased over to Kilmallock (they drove the wrong way through the one-way system in the town, I heard pedestrians had to jump out of the way), through the town and then back down the Bruff road towards Limerick city. The guards had 'stingers' out on the road and everything apparently to try catch them.

It was on Today FM news that it was four guys in a car that drove through a road block in Limerick city. That's some length of a chase - Limerick>Charleville>Kilmallock>Bruff>Halfway back to Limerick again.........

They caught the guys anyway, wonder if it was a stolen car or maybe the gangs in Limerick up to no good again?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kenzi

Limerick>Charleville>Kilmallock>Bruff>Halfway back to Limerick again.........
    It was the other way around. Started in Charleville(where car was stolen from),went to Limerick and then back down to Charleville(Dint hear about the Kilmallock part) but I'm sure they were brought to Mallow Garda Station then(Charleville part-time station)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 The Longfellow

They caught the guys anyway, wonder if it was a stolen car or maybe the gangs in Limerick up to no good again?

Haha, you make it sound as if they're mischievous teenagers.
    Presumably the police just ruffled their hair and sent them on their way.
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mallowmarc

Ya heard about this alright suppose to be unreal! aload of guards car stop the car just ouside Mallow! The guards had to crash into the back of the car to make it stop! 4 men all in 20's draged off and brought to Mallow Garda Station!

Anyone know anymore??

mallowmarc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

it looked like something from a movie tbh. what I couldn't work out though was why gardaí didn't overtake the car and surround it making it crash to ditch or puncture tyres. It passed me on long straight stretch of road with plenty of room for manouvers. does a stolen car really warrent 6 squad and 6 unmarked cars in convey following it or was there something else up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

I saw this in Charleville....Crazy speeds!! A good bit of info here..

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/crime/men-in-custody-after-high-speed-car-chase-133194.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Them boys are going daahn!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mallowmarc

Some fools haha!! risked alot of lives doing that!!

Advertisement