Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honours maths?

• 09-10-2010 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

I got a b in my junior cert. This was with about 2 months of grinds. However I only got 40% in my 5th year summer exam in honours maths. I was considering a career in finance, but I would need around 530 points plus honours maths in leaving for direct entry... Also I only got all B's in my junior cert no A's. I recently started taking grinds in maths which helps alot... however if I do honours maths it will be huge work and I mightn't get the points I need... I could always drop to pass and do commerce and then after do a masters in finance...Should I drop down to pass or stay?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Chemistry Ftw

Hey, honours maths isn't impossible. You got 40% in your summer tests, some might see this as a disaster and decide to drop to pass, however, there are people out there who will see this as a wake up call! It's up to you to decide who you are. You can get any grade you want to get in honours maths aslong as you have the self motivation. We all have the same brains.

Impossible is nothing! Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Stay, you don't need to count it for points. Put a good bit of work in (practice,practice,practice) until Christmas and try bring yourself up another grade or so. Don't make yourself do an entire extra year of commerce, not your first choice, because you didn't put enough work in on the maths, you'll regret it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Only you yourself knows whether that 40% is a true reflection of your ability or of the amount of work and effort you put in. If you feel that you have the ability to improve on it then take it as an incentive to work harder at it! Best of luck :)

Advertisement