Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storyland 3 - my promo

Options
  • 09-10-2010 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi everyone,

seems to be a bit quieter this year in relation to Storyland entries.

For those that don't know
    We have an online tv series competition here funded by RTE.
    It's here at www.rte.ie/storyland

There's a comedy series starting on rte 2 soon called Hardy Bucks that has come from a previous round of Storyland.

So I've applied this year.

You have to include a 40 second promo with your application. Here's mine. Hope you enjoy!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Yeah I was talking to other mods about possible ideas for storyland 3 and some form of a boards.ie entry for this year. Sadly I have been got up in far too much drama on my own end at the moment and havnt had time to consider much and its alot earlier this year then it was last year (the pitches last year were in december).

Fixed your youtube link. you only need this part of the link WUa41npZQZs found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUa41npZQZs on the youtube page address.

Seemed an ok premise though i felt the faux posh tone ye man took was a bit much and there's a bit of confusion in the last sequence of shots when they took out the egg beater and then it cuts to them eating. I was hoping for a shot of him turning the egg beater and the cavemen chanting along with it to end it (which was what you seemed to be going for.) Glad you didnt go with the somewhat cliched lighter *I can create fire* route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 smiling sadly

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Yeah I was talking to other mods about possible ideas for storyland 3 and some form of a boards.ie entry for this year. Sadly I have been got up in far too much drama on my own end at the moment and havnt had time to consider much and its alot earlier this year then it was last year (the pitches last year were in december).

Fixed your youtube link. you only need this part of the link WUa41npZQZs found: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUa41npZQZs on the youtube page address.

Seemed an ok premise though i felt the faux posh tone ye man took was a bit much and there's a bit of confusion in the last sequence of shots when they took out the egg beater and then it cuts to them eating. I was hoping for a shot of him turning the egg beater and the cavemen chanting along with it to end it (which was what you seemed to be going for.) Glad you didnt go with the somewhat cliched lighter *I can create fire* route.

Yup, the change of date nearly scuppered us too.

Thanks for the feedback. They're much more rigid on the exactly 40 seconds this year so that has affected the cut on this.

Give Paul a chance - if we make the series, I promise, he'll grow on you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

A lot of people I've talked to have submitted, I think they just haven't put their promos up online.

I think there'll be more entries this year than last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Ahbegob

Enjoyable. I wondered at the location- there's clearly an old stone derelict building that probably would be too sophisticated for the neantherthals to build. Such details are distracting and may make the bods in RTE think your DOP doesn't know as much as he or she should

Perhaps this should have been shot somewhere timeless.. a beach, cliff...

That said well done for making it and getting it in. Hope it does well for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 smiling sadly

Ahbegob wrote: »
    Enjoyable. I wondered at the location- there's clearly an old stone derelict building that probably would be too sophisticated for the neantherthals to build. Such details are distracting and may make the bods in RTE think your DOP doesn't know as much as he or she should

Perhaps this should have been shot somewhere timeless.. a beach, cliff...

That said well done for making it and getting it in. Hope it does well for you

Thanks, I see where you're coming from. Taken in tandem with the application though, it becomes evident that this is the future rather than the past.

I'll say no more!

• Advertisement
Advertisement