Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tevion Vision Lydl Satellite Q

Options
  • 09-10-2010 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi,

Trying to install this and I'm hitting a wall at the moment, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've set it up with a satellite finder and the signal is 72%, satellite pointing South East and I'm in Dublin.

I had all the channels but then I unplugged the finder and it now says that there's no quality and I'm getting no channels. The strange thing is that on all the scrambled channels the quality is 40%+, but on the free ones it's 0%. I'm on the ASTRA 2A,B 28.2E satellite.

Is there any thing I can do to to get some quality? Am I on the right satellite and is South East the right direction for it? Any help would be great guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

geoffraffe wrote: »
    Hi,

Trying to install this and I'm hitting a wall at the moment, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've set it up with a satellite finder and the signal is 72%, satellite pointing South East and I'm in Dublin.

I had all the channels but then I unplugged the finder and it now says that there's no quality and I'm getting no channels. The strange thing is that on all the scrambled channels the quality is 40%+, but on the free ones it's 0%. I'm on the ASTRA 2A,B 28.2E satellite.

Is there any thing I can do to to get some quality? Am I on the right satellite and is South East the right direction for it? Any help would be great guys.

It may be the case your picking up 19e m8 on the meter

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭chickey

sat finder can be a bit temptamental - u cud try without it. make sure connections good and put up volume on tv - if you hit right spot 28 degrees east you should here tv sound and can adjust after.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭geoffraffe

Thanks for the help, still no joy. Think I will give up for the day soon.

Just one more quick question if you don't mind. I have my satellite at about 7 feet high. I've noticed that my neighbors have there's much higher. Does the height of it's position make much difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭tmcw

Have you got the lnb skewed enough? Needs to be rotated clockwise (as you look from behind the lnb) to maximise the signal.

You can also try moving the dish slightly, without loosening bolts, to see if you can get a better signal. If you do, loosen them enough to move the dish to a better position, and retighten.

If you mean a difference to signal quality, no, as long as the dish has line-of-sight to the satellite you want to get. I have one dish almost on the ground, and it gets the signal I want it to get. Only reason to have it up higher is to clear a roof, tree, wall, or any other obstacle that would deny LOS. Depending on siting of dish, putting it up higher exposes it to more wind, which can put it out of alignment.

Advertisement