Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enough is enough!!!

Options
  • 09-10-2010 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I went to a cafe for brekkie, the menu said full irish €10 which is pretty steep but I was hungry so I ordered it, then the lady asks if I wanted tea? I said I presumed it was included. Eh no! F@*k that, when has a full Irish not included a good auld pot of rosie. With the tea included it took the price up to €13.50. Ask me balls!!! I walked out very very HANGRY!

So ready to eat the next person I saw I went to a petrol station that had a deli. I asked for a brekkie roll, while she was making it my tummy was rumbling so I said "Chuck another sausie in their love" she said it'll be .85 cent extra. F@*K OFF!!!!!! I'm still HANGRY!!!

What's the craic with Rip Off ireland? Please tell me your stories cos I'm going to take a stand. Somebody's gotta do something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

€13.50 for a ****in' brekkie... bollox to that... nip to the shop and get what is required, cook it yourself, it'll be just as nice and you can have another tomorrow with what remains!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

60c for a butterd roll and 1.20 for 2 sausages , but wen ther in the roll its 3.50!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Cyril Cranky

It's just getting too ridiculous in this country

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

**** me thats an expensive brekkie. Where was it out of interest? Place I go to is 8.95 for full brekkie. Sausages, rashers, eggs, b&w pudding, tomato, beans, mushrooms, tea, toast and OJ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I went to a cafe for brekkie, the menu said full irish €10 which is pretty steep but I was hungry so I ordered it, then the lady asks if I wanted tea? I said I presumed it was included. Eh no! F@*k that, when has a full Irish not included a good auld pot of rosie. With the tea included it took the price up to €13.50. Ask me balls!!! I walked out very very HANGRY!

So ready to eat the next person I saw I went to a petrol station that had a deli. I asked for a brekkie roll, while she was making it my tummy was rumbling so I said "Chuck another sausie in their love" she said it'll be .85 cent extra. F@*K OFF!!!!!! I'm still HANGRY!!!

What's the craic with Rip Off ireland? Please tell me your stories cos I'm going to take a stand. Somebody's gotta do something.

both times you knew the price and what you were getting before you ordered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Archeron

Fair play for walking out. Most I'd pay for a full brekky is 9 euro, for which you can get a meal that will do two days, or be ripped off horribly depending where you go. the sausage thing in the deli is normal enough though, items are priced individually.
    Not nessecarily worth it, but priced that way. Wanna be a bloody nice sausage for 85c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I went to a cafe for bre
    So ready to eat the next person I saw I went to a petrol station that had a deli. I asked for a brekkie roll, while she was making it my tummy was rumbling so I said "Chuck another sausie in their love" she said it'll be .85 cent extra. F@*K OFF!!!!!!

Good on yer.

She should have given you the extra sausage for free !:rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You should ask for access to Rants and Raves

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Formosa

both times you knew the price and what you were getting before you ordered

So that means it's not a rip-off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Cyril Cranky

Let's just say it's around Ranelagh/ Rathmines area. Don't wanna be naming names ya know!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

well done for walking away. To be honest, if the brekkie in the cafe was of decent quality food I'd happily pay €10 but I would expect the tea to be included in that price, holy fcuk, an extra €3.50 for some boiled water and a tea bag. madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭scorpioishere

Prices are displayed everywhere so its up to the buyer to check the price of any product they want to buy before ordering. Don't just go and ask for something at the counter and then shocked when they told you the amount after. THen you argue, you get angry and you waste other peoples time in the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Formosa

Prices are displayed everywhere so its up to the buyer to check the price of any product they want to buy before ordering. Don't just go and ask for something at the counter and then shocked when they told you the amount after. THen you argue, you get angry and you waste other peoples time in the queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭REXER

Formosa wrote: »
    I think what they are trying to say is that if you are aware that you are being shagged then you are'nt reall being shagged. Also makes no sense to me.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

It all depends on the package

Ambience, quality of food, service etc. though Tea / Coffee is mostly included.

Here's another way of looking at it

Cheeseburger with approx 4oz of meat + portion of chips

€4 Mc Donalds
    €5 Burgerking
    €6 Local chipper
    €10 Gourmet burger kitchen
    €12.95 in average Pub
    €14.95 in average restaurant
    €17.95 in good restaurant

All essentially the same "product" but differing qualities.

Or raw material cost
    basic sausage av 15c
    Gourmet sausage av. 70c

So unless the OP can give details of the entire scenario (quality of surrounding, quality of ingredients, quality of service) then its difficult to say whether or not he was ripped off.

And as other shave said, prices are displayed, youse make your choices.

Though I do remember a couple of years ago being asked an extra €2 for a thin slice of beef from the carvery in a portlaoise establishment after seeing the portion served was already very small. - The B1tch actually told the girl at the till to add in an extra 2 quid - at that stage I decided to go hungry instead.
    The absolutley only way to finally stop th last few places taking the p1ss is to let them know exactly why you are not giving them the business - there are plenty of value options out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

2 x jumbo sausage
    2 x bacon
    1 x fried egg
    1 x each black + white pudding
    beans
    tea/coffee + toast
    total €5-00

Advertisement