Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can someone help with this please?

Options
  • 09-10-2010 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

.... i remember reading years ago some horror books in paperback form.
    Some were basic vampire,werewolves, etc but they had colour illustations/drawings in them,in one of them it listed all the haunted places in england-incl that famous abbey(who's name escapes me now!).
    does anyone remember these?

i'm not sure if it was a series you'd get weekly/monthly- its driving me
    crazy to be honest.i'm probably not even describing it properly...does it ring a bell with anyone?

it frightened the shite outta me...one story told of recipes/rituals for dealing with all sorts of supernatural stuff...such as wolfsbane,vampires,the undead etc..
    it was quite graphic iirc.

anyone:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Shot in the dark here because I saw a chap mention this series on twitter and I thought of your post. Was it a series called 'The Pan Book of Horror Stories"?

I personally don't have a clue but hope it helps. In a similar vein, I remember the library in my primary school had a series of brilliant kids illustrated horror/ghostly books that I used to love. Cannot remember the name of them for the life of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Vim Fuego wrote: »
    Shot in the dark here because I saw a chap mention this series on twitter and I thought of your post. Was it a series called 'The Pan Book of Horror Stories"?

I personally don't have a clue but hope it helps. In a similar vein, I remember the library in my primary school had a series of brilliant kids illustrated horror/ghostly books that I used to love. Cannot remember the name of them for the life of me.

it could very well be..... thanks for the effort;)

its wrecking me head.....would love to see them now:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

BORELEY RECTORY!!!!

Advertisement