Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreambox DM800 Cant save Astra2 setting

Options
  • 09-10-2010 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

I have just installed a Sat dish and scanned for all channels which I now can recieve. I did this on a box from Lidl just for the initial set up.

The thing is when I connect up my Dreambox DM800 and in Tuner Config if I set the Satellite to Astra 2 my box crashes(Green screen) and restarts.

I got it to set once and everything was perfect but afer messing with config settings I cant get it to save again.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭strongman

What image are you using?
    What config settings were you changing?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Gerb68

I have Gemini2 with Enigma2

I have a Diseqc Motor 1.2 on my dish and I am trying to configure the Tuner.

I am in Reception Settings>Config Mode simple selected.
    Under Config mode there is a mode setting and I have selected Single
    Under this is the Satellite setting and this is set to Astra1H/1KR/1L/1M (19.2E) by default.
    It is this that I can't change to Astra2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

Install either the dream-elite image or nabilosat blackhole. I think they are much more stable images.

Thanx for the replies.

I am sorted for now I did a factory reset and Configered the tuner Ok.

Am I right in thinking that enigma2 is the image and Gemini2 is the software that sits on top of the DM800. Kind of like a desktop environment such as KDE on Linux. i know DM800 runs on Linux.

Would the dream-elite image and nabilosat blackhole work when added to Gemini i.e. I presume I only flash the image not the software.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

Enigma2 is a recoded version of Enigma - in a different language and is more efficient / faster and also supports a wider array of hardware such as twin tuners etc.

Gemini is an actual image. So to install nabilosat or dream-elite then you would be flashing with a new image. Basically they are all based on the same code but some are way more stable than others, and for example dream-elite supports usb dvb-t tuners which is great for the new DTT service - I think this is the only image that supports usb tuners at present.

• Advertisement

That is some great info anoble66. Cheers thanx

Advertisement