Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

studiosolutions.ie

Options
  • 09-10-2010 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Anyone here had any experience buying from this site? and if so, would you recommend them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭ebaysellerrob

its a good site nothing to worry about alot of studios and rehersal rooms buy from them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Darren is a very nice chap -

He used to work with CTI which was a company that was co owned by John Byrne, who now owns Audio Warehouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭brettzy

Darren is a great guy and a pleasure to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭DBSound

Cheers lads I'll go ahead with my order so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭trackmixstudio

I get lots of stuff from Darren.
    Ring him rather than order off the site. He will generally do things much cheaper than the prices on the site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Imamutant

Does anybody know if these guys are still in business? The site seems broken.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Studio Solutions

We had server issues yesterday but these have been sorted out now. Apologies to anybody who had trouble viewing the site.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 337 ✭✭Sacred_git

The 2 times i contacted them about gear, i was told that the items in question were being discontinued so i better act fast (or something similar) i nearly fell for it the 1st time but as luck had it, i decided on another similar bit of kit that they didn't stock.
    The 2nd time was just stupid on their part as the item in question is a very well known and infamous instrument that was never going to get discontinued anytime soon.
    I was not impressed about this at all and so didn't do business with them. Only good thing about them is they are irish but don't treat people like fools lads!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Sacred_git wrote: »
    The 2 times i contacted them about gear, i was told that the items in question were being discontinued so i better act fast (or something similar) i nearly fell for it the 1st time but as luck had it, i decided on another similar bit of kit that they didn't stock.
    The 2nd time was just stupid on their part as the item in question is a very well known and infamous instrument that was never going to get discontinued anytime soon.
    I was not impressed about this at all and so didn't do business with them. Only good thing about them is they are irish but don't treat people like fools lads!!

What were the items?

Hello Sacred_Git

As the other poster has asked what were the two items and when did you contact me? As you can see from the other replies your experience seems to be the only negative one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Bought from their site and have visited the place as the place also houses a Great Service engineer who has fixed my Motif XS :D

All 100% ......one hell of a business park to drive round though :D

Hello Sacred_Git

As the other poster has asked what were the two items and when did you contact me? As you can see from the other replies your experience seems to be the only negative one.

One was a Moog Voyager!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Two of the versions on the studiosolutions site have indeed been discontinued!

The Voyager OS was discontinued in January 2009, The AE was discontinued in 2005, the electric blue version was also discontinued. There was also a big revision in 2007.

When did you enquire and which model?

One was a Moog Voyager!

As Studiorat has pointed out the Voyager series has gone through quite a few incarnations over the past few years so when you enquired the chances are the model you were looking for had been discontinued. We will have the new Voyager XL in very shortly so if you would like to try it out give me a shout.

What was the other item you were told was discontinued??

I enquired about June 2010 and the Voyager in question is well alive and will be so for the forseeable future also the electric blue is still available and is not going to be discontinued anytime soon either!

Anyway, im done with this thread, its doing knowbody any good!! Shop with them if you want, i aint bothered, over and out!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 The Fridge

Must admit I've bought a good few bits off Darren over the last couple of years, and have only received professionalism, and fantastic customer service. The kind of customer service that's keeps me going back, for the small stuff as well as the bigger stuff, and advise, which Darren comes back almost immediately on. I think that's great. I know it is.
    Anyway's, I'll continue to go to Darren, despite the Git.

Kind regards

P.S. "Buy Irish", where possible, I actually don't think you get a better deal in Europe or the U.S. We should be helping grow our own music business market for our own benefit, not for the sake of saving €10-15 on the bill, boosting sales of a company that is not in the jurisdiction, that was only set up to make a profit by undercutting the competition and that can sell in large quantities. So there's my tuppeny bits.

The Fridge wrote: »
    Must admit I've bought a good few bits off Darren over the last couple of years, and have only received professionalism, and fantastic customer service. The kind of customer service that's keeps me going back, for the small stuff as well as the bigger stuff, and advise, which Darren comes back almost immediately on. I think that's great. I know it is.
    Anyway's, I'll continue to go to Darren, despite the Git.

Kind regards

P.S. "Buy Irish", where possible, I actually don't think you get a better deal in Europe or the U.S. We should be helping grow our own music business market for our own benefit, not for the sake of saving €10-15 on the bill, boosting sales of a company that is not in the jurisdiction, that was only set up to make a profit by undercutting the competition and that can sell in large quantities. So there's my tuppeny bits.

Thats fine mate, i am just giving my opinion on my experience dealing with them! i agree buy irish but saying you won't get a better deal in europe or us is just farcical!!

Thats fine mate, i am just giving my opinion on my experience dealing with them! i agree buy irish but saying you won't get a better deal in europe or us is just farcical!!

That depends on what you mean by a better deal. If you are just looking for a cheap price then fair enough. You pay your money you take your chance. If you want a competitive price with local support and local service then you should buy Irish. Simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

That depends on what you mean by a better deal. If you are just looking for a cheap price then fair enough. You pay your money you take your chance. If you want a competitive price with local support and local service then you should buy Irish. Simples.

sorry darren while i do agree with buying irish in a lot of circumstances, saying "you pay your money you take your chance" is BS.

thomann have a great returns policy and they dont try to push certain products on you (that being one of my biggest hates with local dealers).

as an example, i recently went into a newish city centre store to get the price of a profire and the answer i got was "if you want to run protools you need an mbox" after i informed him that he was wrong he eventually said he could get the profire but it would take a month and the price he gave me was up 80 euro on thomann's price.. this from an authorised avid dealer!

i had a problem unit from thomann and the return was simple and quick. they paid all costs with no fuss at all. musicstore are just as quick and helpful.

also the amount of "support" offered by most local dealers is pointless. if i need support i go direct to the manufacturer because it seems to be only 1 in 100 of you guys that know what you're talking about.

buy irish if the price is right, go elsewhere if not. with online stores offering next day pickup on returns and manufacturer's forums and support systems, local support really doesnt come into the equation much. simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

i should also add that ive been a customer of studio solutions a long time and they do offer great service, i definitly dont class darren in the same category as certain other places in this country :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

In my life pre Gamekeeping I was a customer/poacher of Darren and received nothing but courtesy and whatever support necessary.

Now, even though we might be competitors in some areas - there's still a cordial relationship.

If Darren made a mistake with a customer, well we're all human - I certainly have !

That's my experience.

Advertisement