Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathurst 1000

Options
  • 08-10-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭

So, anyone else pulling a massive all-nighter tomorrow night for the 1000? Starts at 11.30pm tomorrow night (the 9th), and will probably be about 6-7 hours long :D

Which reminds me, I should stop by Lidl and pick up a crate of their cheap energy drink to try last me the night with enough steam left over to maybe watch the F1 straight after.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

TheChrisD wrote: »
    So, anyone else pulling a massive all-nighter tomorrow night for the 1000? Starts at 11.30pm tomorrow night (the 9th), and will probably be about 6-7 hours long :D.

Bathurst 11.30 onwards, Qualifying hour for F1 from 2-3, back to Bathurst until it finishes just before the F1 starts at seven before the MotoGP at 9. If Carlsberg did race weekend's......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

frostie500 wrote: »
    Bathurst 11.30 onwards, Qualifying hour for F1 from 2-3, back to Bathurst until it finishes

Yea, the F1 kinda screwed it up a bit :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I can't see it at all this year. When I did watch it, the race build-up was always excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

What channel is it on??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

pdbhp wrote: »
    What channel is it on??

Motors TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

No overnighter for me unfortunately. Too much study to catch up on after being away on holidays last wekk. Watching the build up now and have the DVD recorder recording through the night.

Was at the race myself on my honeymoon in 2008 when Triple Eight did their 3peat.

Hope it'll be a Blue Oval machine that crosses the line first.

Wait, it's still an hour away? Dammit, could've sworn it was 11.30 here...

/me runs to bed for another hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Did I miss anything? Thought I was too ****faced to stay up all night but stuff happened. :pac:

I trust that a bit of rain won't cancel this? :pac:

amacachi wrote: »
    I trust that a bit of rain won't cancel this? :pac:

It's not bloody NASCAR ;)

dcr22B wrote: »
    It's not bloody NASCAR ;)

Or Formula 1 qualifying. ;)

• Advertisement

Anyone else looking for a web stream?

F**k me, that was some roll!

Holy ****, Lap 1 and already someone rolling over towards the Chase!

A puncture on Lap 1, WOW!

I spectated there 2 years ago, serious speed he was carrying there (roughly 280-290km/h).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

dcr22B wrote: »
    F**k me, that was some roll!
    And later on we'll have another Coulthard that's going to spend an entire race sitting on the fence...Badum-tchhhh.

Yea, incredible speeds for a tyre to go.

Although this brings up an argument about the gravel trap there. Gravel may help to stop the car, but generally it also contributes towards starting the car flipping in the first place. This is why many tracks recently have been replacing grass and gravel areas with tarmac runoff zones, particularly at Watkins Glen this year.

Missed the crash, assume everyone walked away?

Well the one guy involved did yea. Walked right out of it, just like McDowell in qualifying at Texas!

Race is in a nice rhythm now. Great action.

I don't know why these Le Mans posh people insist on a 24-hour race, that's just excessive, all you need is a nice simple 1000km race in some normal by comparison V8's :)

Just up out of bed hoping to see a Ford at the top of the tree but not that surprised at a 888 1-2. My man Courtney gamely holding on and minimising the championship loss to Whincup. Hope he can pass the HRT machine for the final spot on the podium.

• Advertisement

I gave up the ghost with 40 laps to go, and only woke up during the press conference afterwards :(

Advertisement