Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 job vacancies ......struggling to get applicants

Options
  • 08-10-2010 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Somehow our company is struggling to get applicants for 2 job vacancies!

1 in sales in the beauty sector and the other office/marketing work.

Put up ads on online job sites but have received very few cv's.

Any advice or interest please pm me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

whats the pay like, if its the same as the dole you wont get the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

That is quite strange in the current climate although I would suspect the salary on offer is fairly poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dublin_

Pay for both is above social welfare and sales position is a decent basic salary and is also commissioned based!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭J.Ball

Unless the pay works out at least 100 above the dole a week alot of people wont see the job as worth it with the expenses of going to work

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭J.Ball

dublin_ wrote: »
    Pay for both is above social welfare and sales position is a decent basic salary and is also commissioned based!

If thats the case then it is strange. Maybe your advertising the job in the wrong places

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Well, you're gonna get a crap load of pm's about this so why not give some info on the positions? Location, job spec, experience required etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭BQQ

I'm interested, but not qualified.
    Should I bother applying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 wratch

Could you PM me the job spec for the office/marketing role please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

I bet they're not full-time positions or they aren't a set amount of hours.

If someone offered me a job where I wasn't guaranteed a certain number of days per week, where they expected me to be flexible by coming in only when needed e.g. for a few hours in the morning, I'd definitely stick with the dole. Otherwise there's too much chance of being messed about and losing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Those sales/commission type job vacancies you see are very offputting when you see them in the paper etc. Alarm bells ring when I see them anyway and I think most people tend to think the same (even if they are wrong).

As for office/marketing work, what is that really? Marketing/ sales over the phone? Or actual office work. I think if it was advertised as an office job you'd be getting 100s of applicants, but im not sure about marketing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

get an agency

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 caroiline

when starting date? Qualifications needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Pay for both is above social welfare

€196.01 per week? Not bad ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DriverMad

This is more arrogance by people again. This person is looking for people to work. We have to wake up. Regardless of the wage at least you will get experience. Just PM the person if you want the spec and don;t be giving smart answers. In these hard times, this may be something to be jumped at.

Advertisement