Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

things to do in limerick and surrounding areas

Options
  • 08-10-2010 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

I have a week off work and as the title says.... cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=239236

It would have been easier to read from the top of the thread rather than make a thread yourself :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Well, what are you interested in?
    And when exactly is your week off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭lazyQuestions

yea i know there was a thread already, im based in the city but wouldnt rule out tipp, clare, kerry so thought i'd make a new one.

Starting today off for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

yea i know there was a thread already, im based in the city but wouldnt rule out tipp, clare, kerry so thought i'd make a new one.

Starting today off for a week.

Try and drink in all the Flannery's (including the one outside of town), try and drink in all the pubs associated with rugby clubs, not for the faint hearted though.

Kayak from Castleconnell down to UL, be the first person to windsurf off Barrington's pier (at least, i don't remember anyone windsurfing there).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭lazyQuestions

Try and drink in all the Flannery's (including the one outside of town), try and drink in all the pubs associated with rugby clubs, not for the faint hearted though.

Kayak from Castleconnell down to UL, be the first person to windsurf off Barrington's pier (at least, i don't remember anyone windsurfing there).

probably gonna dedicate a day or two to drinking so i'll keep that in mind, might even try the wind surfing on the same day!

• Advertisement

probably gonna dedicate a day or two to drinking so i'll keep that in mind, might even try the wind surfing on the same day!

Good plan.

Anyone care to list all the rugby pubs and their associate clubs?

For example, Sexton's, the Locke - Garryowen.
    Austin Quinlivan's, The Corner Flag - Young Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Anyone care to list all the rugby pubs and their associate clubs?

Considering it was your idea,why don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Lol

I can name a fair few of them, not all. Pubs either owned by former players or associated with clubs.

Garryowen - Sexton's, the Locke, Bobby's (or is that Munsters?), Bourkes (I think)
    Old Crescent - Dan Reddan's
    UL/Boh's - Breen's, (Curragower I guess)
    Young Munster - Clohessey's, The Corner Flag, Charlie St. George's, Austin Quinlivan's, Rashers?
    Shannon - Cowhey's, Flannery's, the Office, Foleys?
    Thomond - JJ Bowles?
    Richmond - A1 Bar?
    St. Mary's - Cowhey's too, iirc.

Some great pubs there. Would be one hell of a crawl.

Do ya get to wear your Munster jersey while you do this epic crawl?

• Advertisement

Do ya get to wear your Munster jersey while you do this epic crawl?

Why would you wear a Munster jersey on a crawl of club related pubs? Wear your club colours and take your chances in opposition territory... If you don't support a club, find a neutral colour and support them all!

Why would you wear a Munster jersey on a crawl of club related pubs? Wear your club colours and take your chances in opposition territory... If you don't support a club, find a neutral colour and support them all!

I have no idea,I have NO interest in rugby

I have no idea,I have NO interest in rugby

Do you have any interest in pub crawls?

You could do a crawl of pubs that have literary/art connections, named after places/animals? There's any number of categories.

I'm not a huge fan of pub crawls myself, but the option is always there.

In response to the OP, the karting in the Delta park is a good bit of fun.

Do you have any interest in pub crawls?

You could do a crawl of pubs that have literary/art connections, named after places/animals? There's any number of categories.

I'm not a huge fan of pub crawls myself, but the option is always there.

In response to the OP, the karting in the Delta park is a good bit of fun.

Pub crawls were never my thing no, I just think its very presumptious to assume everyone in Limerick has an interest in Rugby.Thankfully there are some of us who are not.

Pub crawls were never my thing no, I just think its very presumptious to assume everyone in Limerick has an interest in Rugby.Thankfully there are some of us who are not.

Jeez, it was just a suggestion (and not a very serious one), come up some ideas of your own if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

I still dont get why the people in Limerick who have no interest in the R word get all antagonistic towards people who do?! :rolleyes:

I still dont get why the people in Limerick who have no interest in the R word get all antagonistic towards people who do?! :rolleyes:

Cause ye get wound up so easily. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I can name a fair few of them, not all. Pubs either owned by former players or associated with clubs.

Garryowen - Sexton's, the Locke, Bobby's (or is that Munsters?), Bourkes (I think)
    Old Crescent - Dan Reddan's
    UL/Boh's - Breen's, (Curragower I guess)
    Young Munster - Clohessey's, The Corner Flag, Charlie St. George's, Austin Quinlivan's, Rashers?
    Shannon - Cowhey's, Flannery's, the Office, Foleys?
    Thomond - JJ Bowles?
    Richmond - A1 Bar?
    St. Mary's - Cowhey's too, iirc.

Some great pubs there. Would be one hell of a crawl.

Would say Curragower could possibly be Shannon too. To be fair I really wouldnt consider Clohessys a club rugby pub - more of a Munster pub that mostly visitors from out of town clubs would visit because locals know there are better pubs close by

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I just think its very presumptious to assume everyone in Limerick has an interest in Rugby.Thankfully there are some of us who are not.

Helps if you arent from Limerick and from a county that really doesnt have any rugby history

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

The Rugby Pub Crawl is an interesting idea for Rugby fans or those that are sports mad (Especially foreigners that are curious)

It might be an idea to actually create a proper signposted "Rugby Pub Crawl" and have the pubs get involved. Maybe it could start off in Thomond Park Rugby Museum and end in Clohessy's (The Sin Bin as last stop)

Other cities would have taken advantage of this years ago. Why it hasn't in Limerick baffles me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭bladeruner

:(

Advertisement