Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video on the Limerick women's mini marathon

Options
  • 08-10-2010 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/limerickleadervideo

Great crowds raising money for worthwhile causes in Munster and the midwest. Good to see they allow men run in drag, unlike the Dublin one which has tried to stop men running it. After all, it's about raising money for athletics and charities, it should be a bit of fun.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

Great video, great to see everybody out. I wonder was there a significant increase in participants this year? When I left Limerick a few months back there was an enormous amount of people out walking/running/jogging and that should be capitalised on. I did it the last 3 years but not anymore now that im gone :( Well done to all involved

PS Did anyone stop a guy who looks quite like the tall lad off Little Britain when hes does the 'im a lady sketch'? 5.18 purple wig :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

boarddotie wrote: »
    Great video, great to see everybody out. I wonder was there a significant increase in participants this year? When I left Limerick a few months back there was an enormous amount of people out walking/running/jogging and that should be capitalised on. I did it the last 3 years but not anymore now that im gone :( Well done to all involved

PS Did anyone stop a guy who looks quite like the tall lad off Little Britain when hes does the 'im a lady sketch'? 5.18 purple wig :pac:

I think there has been a big increase in joggers in Limerick over the last 2 years, and especially since the marathon. Every night now you see loads of people out training.

Will be interesting to see if it continues, especially when the Christmas 5 miler or the Plassey 10k is on.

Advertisement