Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Laptop

Options
  • 08-10-2010 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi, quick one for you. I've recently got a new lappy. Might be a bit stupid but do I need to pay to download all the different versions again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

You can just copy your wow folder form your old computer on to an external hard drive and paste it in your new one and it will work perfectly, but no you dont have to pay you can download them for free but it will be a massive file lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You can download the game from the official site, but as shockwave said, you can just do a folder transfer. Works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,033 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Your Account with Blizzard is just that: Your account with Blizzard. Like your account with Boards.ie - that is, not your PC's account. You can log in anywhere the game is installed (which can be installed whether you have a subscription or notl but playing it is another story)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭mackeminexile

Thats great, thanks. To copy from the original laptop do I copy the whole WoW folder from the Program Files?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

i dunno why but i always enjoy fresh/clean installs in fresh new computers/operating systems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Yes just copy program files\world of warcraft\*

Thanks for the help. Got it sorted. Now, if only I could remember how to play a Mut Rogue! Any help appreciated; character 'Tardinuus' in the EU Ghostlands realm. If anyone would like to give me some advice it would be mush appreciated. Also looking for Guild!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Now, if only I could remember how to play a Mut Rogue! Any help appreciated

Usually open with Garrote, hfb,snd, mutilate till bout 4/5 cp's, Envenom before snd falls of so it refreshs. Mutilate is ur point builder and envenom will keep snd up but u gotta keep hfb up but its only a gcd for 60 secs but u needa bleed on it. Vanish when the overkill buff wears off to get it again for a few seconds or save it for bl or w/e.

And this all changes again next week when patch 4.0.1 hits. We get to use backstab and vendetta & maybe rupture or expose armor, not sure all yet tbh. Hopefully subelty will be raidable though :)

Quick Guide for 3.x.x
    Article on new rotations

Thanks mate. Just running round trying some lvl 73/74 elites to get back used to it. Wiped a ton so far but managed Iustus solo on the 3rd. Ah well, repetition is the mother of skill.

Advertisement