Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Allen Carr Diary.

Options
  • 08-10-2010 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Day 1.

Well I smoked my very last cigerette last night - and was so full of optimism - so confident that i can do this. I had a restless night, kept dreaming about smoking or waking up convinced id never be able to give up my morning cigerette.

I set my alarm to go off 15 mins later than normal so that I wouldn't be moping around the house. And I did it - I didnt have the stupid morning fag and it felt good. I drove to work - usually i have 2 in the car - and once i reached out to grab the box - realised it wasnt there and had a slight pang but it wasn't bad. I just kept saying to myself - its great to be a non smoker - i don't need to smoke.

All was well in work - until 2 o'clock - I started thinking about tommorrow morning -ive to get up with the kids - and my whole morning revolves aorund smoking so i was panicking about what i would do - and that horrible craving feeling came over me - it was nearly a physical pain - but i know now that it was fear that caused that not nicotine withdrawel.

Im really really trying to picture the nicotine monster dying - but its so hard.

Im also trying to keep it in the moment - which is also proving hard.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭NavanEPS

Congratulations Allicom
    Keep it up - it is so worth it - you are doing fantastic as you have made the decision to give them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

How's it going today Allicom?!

I used the Allen Carr method too, and after the initial hurdles that you talk about, I genuinely had very little problems in getting them out of my life!

Going great so far. Have been off them now for a couple of months. I'm going away for a week next week, and not even worried that I'll be tempted. It's a bloody great feeling.

Sincerely wish you the best of luck! Keep posting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Congratulations on becoming a non smoker.Keep going and dont give up you will reap the reward in a few weeks when your full of energy and that horrible lethargic feeling is going and you chest and throat is clear in the morning.
    I am a non smoker for nearly 8 years and have never looked back since,best decision i have ever made!

One piece of advice i would give you is to take up some form of exercise (assuming that your not doing any at the moment?)
    Those first few weeks when you start exercising will be tough and when you cant breathe from the fags you will be turned off them even more.Thats what i found when i stopped as i took up swimming and i remember nearly drowning tryin to do a few lengths.
    Now im in the best shape of my life and a member of swimming club!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

Well done! Keep positive! Have to say I also had the feeling of my arm jerking out as if to grab a fag over the first couple of days. Twas kinda funny! Did you read the book?? If so I'd start reading through it again, or if you did the CD, go through that again.

I'm an Alan Carr success story, read the book twice and then stopped, never to smoke again! :)

Best of luck though you don't need it, you can do it! ;)

Advertisement