Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coloured render

Options
  • 08-10-2010 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi All,

Is there any renders that should be avoided, i'm going to use a champange colour and looking for the best for good money any advise. i've heard k rend is poor and the lighter the colour the worse it is ???.

Any help would be great and of course any prices and where to get would make life better.

Once again thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

If you go back through my posts on the live builds thread you will see how the off white render of a well known Irish company looks. We put it on our house on top of a sand cement covering. The company will guarantee it with the under layer if sand and cement but the plaster said it makes amassive difference. In some cases where it wasn't done you can see the cement lines of the blockwork through it.

Their rep was very good and dropped out 3 sample bags of different colours to try out. We love it, it really finishes off the house and it probably costs about the same as getting the house painted 3 times in ten years.

Advertisement