Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Snowboarding resorts in Europe

Options
  • 08-10-2010 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Hi, myself and a gang of around 10 or 12 mates are planning a snowboarding trip in either Jan or Feb 2011. Looking for peoples opinions on which resort they think would be the best one for us. We would all be at a fairly decent standard having all previously boarded in Europe(Ruka,Finland) and America(Loon Mountain, New Hampshire) before while we were in school, so no lessons would be needed. Some of the resorts mentioned so far are La Plange,Tignes,Livingo and Les Deuz Alps. A decent nightlife would be a plus but not a deciding factor really and also the cost isnt really too much of an issue as we are all in our early 20's with no mortgages or bills.
    Your opinions would be greatly appreciated and we are not set on one resort or one country so any suggestions are welcome.
    Thanks Beanmachine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Out of the four listed.

La Plange - Havent been

Tignes - For Snowboarding..dont think I would bother again.

Livingo - Good for Begineers, good nightlife, good park

Les Deuz Alps - Havent been but its on the list. From what Ive seen its got a good parks and good nightlife.

My suggestion is Morzine\Avoriaz stating on the Avoriaz side. Its still my favourite. Great Parks, Great nightlife (this can depend on where you stay though). Less than 2 hours from Geneva. Huge ski area with lots of tree runs and off-piste

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

Out of the four listed.

La Plange - Havent been

Tignes - For Snowboarding..dont think I would bother again.

Livingo - Good for Begineers, good nightlife, good park

Les Deuz Alps - Havent been but its on the list. From what Ive seen its got a good parks and good nightlife.

My suggestion is Morzine\Avoriaz stating on the Avoriaz side. Its still my favourite. Great Parks, Great nightlife (this can depend on where you stay though). Less than 2 hours from Geneva. Huge ski area with lots of tree runs and off-piste

Cheers Static thanks very much, i heard Livingo is tax free, is this true? if anyone else has any suggestions feel free to give them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pmeehan

I'd recommend Les2Alpes highly. I've been there 9 times (including 3 summer trips) and it has everything you need. Even in a bad winter it gets good snow coverage due to it's high altitude. The park is savage, soemthing for all levels in it. Nightlife is great craic.

Livigno is also a great spot, a bit cheaper once you get there compared to French resorts. Great park, and plenty of good spots for apres ski. The main negative to Livigno is the 5-6 hour coach transfer!!

If you're purely about the boarding and nightlife aint too important, I'd recommend Tignes. The scale of the resort is epic. If you like off-piste as oppossed to park riding, you'll love Tignes. There is still a good park but it's main attraction is the exploring you can do!

Haven't been to La Plagne.

I'd also recommend St Anton. Can be pricey to get to but we booked independently. Flew into Zurich, 2-3 hour train journey from there. Stayed in a hostel/guesthouse about 5 mins outside the main resort and it worked out real cheap. The resort itself is brilliant, it's reputation speaks for itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 happo

I have been to been to Avoriaz. The terrain available is great. They have 3 parks including The Stash which is good fun. Also you have access to the Portes du Soleil which has 12 other resorts.

The nightlife was not great however with 10 or 12 you should be able to make your own fun.

I have not been to the other resorts so I cannot comment but I would recommened Avoriaz. I would love to being going back!

Advertisement