Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 Competition 2010: Round 16 - Japan

Options
  • 08-10-2010 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭

Rules as usual: Entries must be submitted before start of qualifying.
    Results at the end of the race stand.

Edit: ***Just a reminder that if you aren't planning on getting up early tomorrow you need to get your votes in today! ***

5 votes - 1 in each section 113 votes

Winner: Vettel - 30 points
    0%
    Winner: Webber - 30 points
    8%
    De Hipstervectra[Deleted User]Bobby04recyclebinBFassassinGrim.BoardsRangerRayMbamboozling 10 votes
    Winner: Alonso - 50 points
    6%
    oglaighmuckwarriorlord lucanIrishshinf1danthewheel2.0Stevegeraghty 7 votes
    Winner: Hamilton - 60 points
    4%
    dor83EvilMonkeyCookie_MonsteredgyIron Hide 5 votes
    Winner: Any other driver - 30 points
    0%
    Ghost Train 1 vote
    *Both Red Bulls on front row: Yes - 10 points
    1%
    Dont be at yourselfamacachi 2 votes
    *Both Red Bulls on front row: No - 10 points
    9%
    De Hipstervectra[Deleted User]Bobby04muckwarriorrecyclebinlord lucanf1danBoardsRangerRayMStevegeraghty 11 votes
    **Ferrari vs McLaren: Ferrari - 10 points
    12%
    Dont be at yourselfoglaighamacachidor83BFassassinEvilMonkeyIrishshinGhost TrainGrim.thewheel2.0Cookie_MonsterbamboozlingedgyIron Hide 14 votes
    **Ferrari vs McLaren: McLaren - 10 points
    16%
    De Hipster[Deleted User]Bobby04dor83muckwarriorrecyclebinBFassassinlord lucanEvilMonkeyIrishshinGrim.thewheel2.0Cookie_MonsterBoardsRangerRayMbamboozlingedgyIron HideStevegeraghty 19 votes
    ***Rain during race: Yes - 10 points
    5%
    Dont be at yourselfvectraoglaighamacachiGhost Trainf1dan 6 votes
    ***Rain during race: No - 10 points
    15%
    De Hipstervectra[Deleted User]oglaighBobby04dor83muckwarriorBFassassinlord lucanGrim.thewheel2.0Cookie_MonsterBoardsRangerbamboozlingedgyIron HideStevegeraghty 17 votes
    ****19 Finishers or more - 10 Points
    7%
    Dont be at yourselfamacachirecyclebinEvilMonkeyIrishshinGhost Trainf1danRayM 8 votes
    ****18 Finishers or less - 10 Points
    11%
    vectra[Deleted User]Bobby04dor83muckwarriorlord lucanEvilMonkeyGhost TrainGrim.thewheel2.0BoardsRangerRayMedgy 13 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Just giving a bit of feedback Muck Warrior but I reckon for next year that the any other driver option should be increased to about 60 or 70.

For the likes of this race where the rain could throw up a strange result I was thinking of the any other driver but at 30 points it really isn't worth the risk. If the points for this option was closer to 70 it would add more of an incentive to go for it.

I appreciate that you personally have put in an amount of work into this competition and for that I applaud you. I know this is just a bit of craic but with a bit of luck I could possibly win and it's something I would really like to be able to say around the forum!

I think everything else is perfect this is the only change I'd like to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Just giving a bit of feedback Muck Warrior but I reckon for next year that the any other driver option should be increased to about 60 or 70.

For the likes of this race where the rain could throw up a strange result I was thinking of the any other driver but at 30 points it really isn't worth the risk. If the points for this option was closer to 70 it would add more of an incentive to go for it.

I appreciate that you personally have put in an amount of work into this competition and for that I applaud you. I know this is just a bit of craic but with a bit of luck I could possibly win and it's something I would really like to be able to say around the forum!

I think everything else is perfect this is the only change I'd like to see.

Couldn't disagree more. If you were to compare the odds here to a bookies there's a lot of value in any other driver even if it's only worth half the points of one of the specific drivers already listed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

amacachi wrote: »
    Couldn't disagree more. If you were to compare the odds here to a bookies there's a lot of value in any other driver even if it's only worth half the points of one of the specific drivers already listed.

Don't think so. Vettel is 11/8 at the moment making him favourite for the race and favourite for the competition here.Don't think there is anyway you could put the rest of the drivers other than the 4 picked would be next or near 11/8 to win the race. A fair price would be anything from 10 to 16/1 in my opinion.

Looking at the competition this year I can't remeber the any other driver option winning except for maybe one of Button's wins. I could be up for correction on this point though.

I just think an any other driver for 70 points would give a greater incentive to choose an option that rarely wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

On reflection, 30 points is probably is a bit low, but no way should it be 60 or 70. Arguably Button has the same chance as Hamilton, so why should the odds of him + every other driver on the grid be better than Hamilton's? If I was to do it again I guess 40 points would be a better option.

Thanks for the feedback though. I kinda just inherited the responsibility after the previous years' organisers seem to have disappeared from boards. I've also tried to encourage other people to do it at various stages, so if anyone has any ideas to make it better, just shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

As alway, please check.

Webber Bobby04 is still holding on at the top, but just one race could still turn things around. However, time is running out for the chasing pack!

Bobby04 650
    Grim 620
    f1dan 610
    BFassassin 600
    Ghost Train 580
    EvilMonkey 565
    Irishshin 555
    muckwarrior 555
    BoardsRanger 545
    bamboozling 535
    RayM 495
    edgy 485
    vectra 475
    dor83 470
    amacachi 415
    lord lucan 395
    recyclebin 395
    Ficus 375
    De Hipster 370
    keithoh 210
    delta720 200
    Moonbaby 140
    NekkidBibleMan 140
    Slutmonkey57b 120
    mickdw 100
    Nozebleed 100
    Exasperated 90
    samsemtex 80
    woodland guy 80
    need2know4sure 70
    Vegeta 70
    Top Dog 60
    enzo7 50
    Fixie 50
    Fr Tierney 50
    steve french 50
    Stevegeraghty 50
    tea drinker 50
    damo9090 40
    gears 40
    Hogzy 40
    KenHY 40
    dotzy 30
    kaizersoze 30
    Oblomov 30
    thewheel2.0 30
    oglaigh 30
    Amibovered 20
    cian1500ww 20
    dots104 20
    irishleedsfan 20
    mwrf 20
    Garseys 10
    Vincenzolorenzo 10
    Cookie_Monster 10
    Iron Hide 10

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Hopefully I can make up the ground, really don't want to come 2nd again

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Bobby04

f1dan wrote: »
    Hopefully I can make up the ground, really don't want to come 2nd again

And I don't want to lose out at the last minute this time ;)

Advertisement