Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOSS BCB 30 with Wah

Options
  • 08-10-2010 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi All,

Thinking of getting a BCB 30 for my three boss pedals,

Just wondering if i put my wah on the floor and connect it to these pedals using a daisy chain would that be ok? only use three small pedals and a wah too.

Cheers......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

Yeah that'd work grand. Just make sure the daisy chain works with the Wah. If it's a CryBaby some daisy chains won't fit into the power input. I would advise against the BCB30 though... Spending much money on a pedalboard just isnt necessary. Find an old piece of wood an buy some velcro. Then you can even put the wah on it. Although if it is a CryBaby you'll have to take off the feet if you want to velcro it down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Spending much money on a pedalboard just isnt necessary

Heh, I thought that and built my own pedal board. Try bringing a DIY pedal board to a gig, then you'll spend money on a decent board/case deal.

Er, OP, what exactly is your question? Surely, if your daisy chain and signal cable reach from the board to the wah, your question is answered? :confused:

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Heh, I thought that and built my own pedal board. Try bringing a DIY pedal board to a gig, then you'll spend money on a decent board/case deal.

Already have done. It's grand! I've a picture of it up in the gear forum. It's fairly shturdy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Although if it is a CryBaby you'll have to take off the feet if you want to velcro it down

Not if you also glue another piece of wood under the Crybaby (between its feet) and velcro it to that!

Yeah, I had to do that with another pedal I have with feet I couldn't take off... I did the wah first and for some reason it never occured to me to go back and do it with the wah too... :rolleyes: Ah well. It works the way it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Already have done. It's grand! I've a picture of it up in the gear forum. It's fairly shturdy

Haha, wow, I just had a look there, that's the best DIY job I've seen! Sorry for doubting you :p

Yeah, I had to do that with another pedal I have with feet I couldn't take off... I did the wah first and for some reason it never occured to me to go back and do it with the wah too... :rolleyes: Ah well. It works the way it is!

I made my own board out of plywood a few years ago, gluing another piece of plywood under where the wah would be, and covering the entire thing with brushed nylon (velcro loves it!) using craft glue.

Then I ordered a case and foam from a company in Kilkenny, which they made for me with a lift-off lid, which I use as the base. To raise the height of the plywood board a bit, I superglued 6 of the sturdiest old VHS tape cases I could find to the case lid. These now hold my spare strings, patch leads, fuses, picks, tools, batteries etc.

I have to lever off the board with a screwdriver to get access to those comaprtments, though! Plus it's pretty heavy. Plus you can get cases online now cheaper than the one I got made for me. Plus it's blue. Plus the wires aren't all neatly hidden. Plus it's now a bit too big for my current needs. Ah, well...

Here's a pic.

Oh that looks pretty... is there enough space to close it over with the pedals in it? It looks kinda shallow?

I managed to make my pedalboard completely free bar the velcro... Which was annoyingly expensive! I just found the wood, hinges, paint and braces in my shed! I'm thinking Of making one out of perspex... Though the perspex alone would be very expensive and apparently its a nightmare to build with cos it just cracks everywhere

Oh that looks pretty... is there enough space to close it over with the pedals in it? It looks kinda shallow?

I managed to make my pedalboard completely free bar the velcro... Which was annoyingly expensive! I just found the wood, hinges, paint and braces in my shed! I'm thinking Of making one out of perspex... Though the perspex alone would be very expensive and apparently its a nightmare to build with cos it just cracks everywhere

Yeah, it closes grand, with room for a couple of guitar leads to spare. I carry it around in an old army surplus duffel bag so I can sling it over the shoulder...

Why perspex? Though it'd look pretty cool...

Yeah, that's it in a nutshell... It'd look pretty cool! If I ever get round to it I might throw some LEDs in there too

• Advertisement

Class! You need to get one of those H&K amps that light up too!

Advertisement