Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC system where to start.

Options
  • 08-10-2010 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I was hoping someone might be able to help me.
    I have a HKC system installed 3 years by eircom phone watch.
    Stopped paying for monitoring after year 1.
    About a year ago alarm started going off randomly I pulled the
    fuse in the panel to stop the noise.
    We had a baby in the meantime and now i'm trying to get it back up and running.
    Put fuse back i an alarm goes off.
    disconnected the siren to see if i could see error message on panel
    keep getting access denied when i enter password.
    dont have engineering code
    The panel is SW8/12.

I read some posts about using LK1 to reset the system but i dont see it on the board.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

heaneyb wrote: »
    I was hoping someone might be able to help me.
    I have a HKC system installed 3 years by eircom phone watch.
    Stopped paying for monitoring after year 1.
    About a year ago alarm started going off randomly I pulled the
    fuse in the panel to stop the noise.
    We had a baby in the meantime and now i'm trying to get it back up and running.
    Put fuse back i an alarm goes off.
    disconnected the siren to see if i could see error message on panel
    keep getting access denied when i enter password.
    dont have engineering code
    The panel is SW8/12.

I read some posts about using LK1 to reset the system but i dont see it on the board.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Much appreciated

Does your user code not work to disarm the alarm ?

The LK1 is located near the middle of the board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

I was in a similar situation (as in I had stopped paying for monitoring). I rang Eircom Phonewatch & they gave me the engineer code for my alarm.

They should still have a record of your account details, & it would help if you can supply your old Phonewatch account number & password.

I didn't ask them out straight for the engineer code - I asked to be put through to the technical dept & asked them could they talk me through changing the length of time the siren sounded, & just wrote down the code as they gave it to me.

Might be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

tbh the first thing i would do if i was in your position is get someone licenced and reputable to completely restore your panel to the factory settings, this will remove all of eircoms programming including the numbers used to dial into the bureau.this might seem like overkill but eircom have a certain way of programming that not every engineer would follow.
    then reprogram the system according to how you want it to be set up.
    this will take a bit longer then usuall cause eircom usually use id sensors on their systems and there is a bit more running between the senors and the keypad while programming. this also will show up any faults because the senors wont id themselves if there is a fault on the lv supply or the data line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 heaneyb

I just want to say a huge thanks to altor for talking me through getting my system up an running again. Not only that but altor has set me up in such a way that both myself and my wife will receive a text if the alarm goes off!
    I'm thrilled.
    Thanks for all the other responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭altor

heaneyb wrote: »
    I just want to say a huge thanks to altor for talking me through getting my system up an running again. Not only that but altor has set me up in such a way that both myself and my wife will receive a text if the alarm goes off!
    I'm thrilled.
    Thanks for all the other responses.

Your welcome heaneyb, always happy to help if I can :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement