Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheila Dik****

Options
  • 08-10-2010 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

What a Name!

New Zealand prime minister John Key says a television presenter embarrassed the nation when he mocked an Indian minister's name.
    Presenter Paul Henry ridiculed the name of Delhi's chief minister Sheila Dik****, saying: "I've known about her for a while and I've been laughing ever since."
    He added: "It's so appropriate because she's Indian."
    He persisted in ridiculing her name despite being told that its proper pronunciation was "Dixit".

The controversial host made an on-air apology shortly before his suspension was announced, saying "I certainly didn't intend to sound racist", but invited further controversy by referring to himself as "half-gyppo."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/10/08/3033561.htm?section=justin

Comments

Advertisement