Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV License Man hurls abuse at my girlfriend

Options
  • 08-10-2010 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi all,

Came home yesterday evening to an extremely upset girlfriend. A guy called looking to see our TV licence and when she said she was busy he called her a 'fat ignorant bitch'

Admittenly I dont have one at the moment but we've only moved in a number of months ago. He ranted he called a number of times and no one ever answers the door. We both work for god sake!

I'm going to ring them now and make a complaint. This is horrible behaviour.

Would they know who was in the area to address this or would I need his name? Can anyone please advise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Hi all,

Came home yesterday evening to an extremely upset girlfriend. A guy called looking to see our TV licence and when she said she was busy he called her a 'fat ignorant bitch'

Admittenly I dont have one at the moment but we've only moved in a number of months ago. He ranted he called a number of times and no one ever answers the door. We both work for god sake!

Would they know who was in the area to address this or would I need his name? Can anyone please advise?

They'll know who was working that area on the day, but it will be a case your word against there and to be honest the people you report it to won't give a ****.

Also, kind of odd that they would ask to see your TV license as they will have it on the system if an address has paid it's licences or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Be careful. As soon as you make that complaint there will be fine in your door for no TV license. Up to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

toe_knee wrote: »
    Be careful. As soon as you make that complaint there will be fine in your door for no TV license. Up to you

Plus, they've heard all the excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

How fat are we talking here?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭rorymcgrory

I know your completely right. However I do intend paying it. Maybe thats the best way forward then? Pay fine then make complaint?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

bonerm wrote: »
    They've heard all the excuses.

dam you beat me!
    I'd get license first, then complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

If you ask me, he should have been allowed beat her to a pulp. That'll learn her.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Hi all,

Now considering you don't have a licence why would you want to complain and put yourself on their radar?

AH response: Tell your GF to lose some weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

toe_knee wrote: »

You have 10 days to renew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So they do really exist!

• Advertisement

I'm going to report you to the Gardai if you dont stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I would recomend paying your tv licence before you make the complaint. You don't want to draw attention on yourself if you don't have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

:eek:

Bring it on feeder

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I dont think it is illegal to ask someone how fat is girlfriend is. Rude, yes. Illegal, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Are you sure it wasnt someone scoping out the house to rob it later (or then if no one was in).

Dosnt sound like the behaviour of the TV licence man from the advertisment. Then again the eircom customer support guy is a right bastard too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Maybe the tv licence inspector is branching out into running weight watchers.

Its the perfect job - after all, they have heard all the excuses and none of them work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Grimes wrote: »
    Are you sure it wasnt someone scoping out the house to rob it later (or then if no one was in).

Dosnt sound like the behaviour of the TV licence man from the advertisment. Then again the eircom customer support guy is a right bastard too!

The only way to be sure it's the TV inspector guy is to give him a test in the Polish and Chinese languages.

CountingCrows, when the guards call around, please post back and rate their rudeness!

phill106 wrote: »
    I dont think it is illegal to ask someone how fat is girlfriend is. Rude, yes. Illegal, no.
    I think he's in denial tbh, No one wants to admit they are dating a porker lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

The cyberpolice would be a better place to report it.

• Advertisement

Grimes wrote: »

OP - Is your walk in fridge visible from outside?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Is your girlfriend on the blob? Could she be exagerating it slightly?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Are you this guy?

You done goofed!

You wont be laughing when your all up in court for insulting me on the internet system.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Maybe her excuse was that she ate the TV Licence? I bet they haven't heard that one before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

You wont be laughing when your all up in court for insulting me on the internet system.

GTFO troll

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Do it, do it, do it. I wouldn't let anybody call my gal a stupid porker online. get in contact with the internet police at www.garda.ie and ask for the forum enforcement officer.

Wouldn't your time be better spent looking for your girlfriend's belly button?

(And getting a TV licence)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement